Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

SmileyFace» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone tried scaling back the chaos by limiting the Mischief cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amongst those who are critical of the game many comment favorably on the core mechanics but suggest that the mischief cards simply wreak too much havok to allow for any meaningful decisions.

I know there are many who just enjoy it for what it is and embrace the chaos as "fun factor" but I'm curious whether anyone who would enjoy more control in the game has considered limiting the mischief cards?

Either removing/changing those that are the most game changing, limiting how many can be played, etc.

Do you feel there's enough "game" beyond the mischief cards for this title to be enjoyed in a somewhat more strategic way? Or is this simply a game like fluxx where the chaos inducing cards literally ARE the game itself and there's simply not much of note besides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem we found was that the players who drew the 'change Boss colour' card simply stayed in to the end and tried to play that card as the last action. Much of the game felt like treading water until the last few cards. We did take out some of the mischief cards, and this made rounds faster but not much more satisfying.

I wonder if it's worth trying a Battleline type system, where the mischief cards are a separate draw pile and you can only play one in each round. So if you draw a bad one your stuck with it blocking up your hand until the next round. Possibly this is all too much effort for what is billed as a 'family fun' game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.