Subject: Personal Bonuscard forever? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Der Malte
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last game someone took the 5 money bonuscard.

When it was his turn, he first played the card, took 5 money and put the card in the caravansary. Then he goes to the caravansary and took the card again. Later in the game when he need money, he did it again so.

With this mechanic you can block every bonuscard a complete game. Is this thought so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not see a problem. If you got a bonus card and you do not play it, you essentially block it also for the complete game. If you play it and you go to the caravansary, you spend an action to get the card back. So it is not for free. In the end, even if you block a certain card, your opponents will get other cards that are about as usefull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gastgast wrote:
With this mechanic you can block every bonuscard a complete game. Is this thought so?

Yes, with this mechanic you can block a card the whole game!
Please do so - waste your actions!
Meanwhile I collect rubies and win the game

(btw. for each card a second copy exists)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DHP
msg tools
badge
You cannot actually block every kind of bonus card in this manner because half of the cards require you to take an action at another place (not the caravansary).
When a player uses the "take 5 Lira" card in the way you described, he only gains 5 Lira every time he visits the caravansary, which is neither a terrible nor a great move (in the long run I'd say there's more cash in e.g. selling goods or using the tea house with the red mosque tile, assumed making money is the foundation of one's strategy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.