Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how to score points in a 3 or 4 player game. Do you only score units/heroes that you killed or do you score every unit/hero that every opponent lost?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
You score for everyone’s casualties. Essentially, you're rewarded for coming out of it the least beat-up (with the exception of the deployment zone charger). I still find that it gives decent incentives to attack but you definitely run the risk of giving the victory to a third, more passive, party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
archerparadox wrote:
thegrinder wrote:
I'm not sure how to score points in a 3 or 4 player game. Do you only score units/heroes that you killed or do you score every unit/hero that every opponent lost?

Thanks

We use this formula:

1 point for small disk.
2 points for medium disk.
3 points for large disk.
5 points for hero.

That seems interesting, but I can see it influencing the meatgame: I wouldn't field a Bolt Thrower with this scoring method, since I risk giving away 3 points very easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not try the scoring method as designed before applying house rules? When a disk is destroyed, it goes to its owner casualty pile. At the end of the game, each player reveal their objective cards and count points based on what disks are in the opponents' piles (points for disks in the opponents' deployment zones being the exception).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
archerparadox wrote:
It is presumptuous (read: rude) to assume that nobody tried the offical method. Perhaps we just don't care for it as it is rather bland.

Also larger disks tend to have more wounds thus being harder to kill and thereby worth more.

Although I personally don't mind it, my gaming group openly hates the objective system in this game. We haven't tried any alternative methods yet, we might try yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
archerparadox wrote:
It is presumptuous (read: rude) to assume that nobody tried the offical method. Perhaps we just don't care for it as it is rather bland.

Also larger disks tend to have more wounds thus being harder to kill and thereby worth more.

My mistake. I was suggesting Arturo to try the designed method before migrating to a variant. I never assumed that you hadn't tried but I can see how my post could be read as responding to yours. It was not. Sorry for the confusion. Are we good now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have trouble understanding the Objective hate too. The game just isn't as deep if you know it is merely a slugfest at the getgo. There are many times when my instinct is to go for the throat but then I have to stop myself and think more about what my opponents objective could be which leads to me smiling and thinking what a beautiful game it is. Might as well take the terrain out too, it just gets in the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love where you are going with this AP! Some great ideas. Time to start a custom Objective list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
m4rtst3r wrote:
I love where you are going with this AP! Some great ideas. Time to start a custom Objective list?

Definetly time to move this discussion in the Variant forum! It's becoming very cool, and it would be a shame to continue it here where noone can find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.