Subject: giving a shout out for all the TANK players ..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
i came across a game a while back , and i plan to do a NEW blog JUSt devouted to it , but like everything else , its on a to do project pile that work has slowed me WAYYYYYYY down on .

so i just want to give a shout out to

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/142901/tuesday-night-...

its an indie published game , so its a bit on the pricy side at $30 , but well worth it because if you already play DT using tanks , you already have pretty much most of what you need to play .

the guy who wrote it is NOT a miniatures gamer , so we had to make ONE adjustment to make it AWESOME and fun for more tracditional minis gamers . the one adjustment we made was that we allow players to make "mirror" moves of whats on the card , so if a move card says move forward 3 spaces turn left and move one , we allow the player to choose to do that OR the exact mirror of that move (same move , just turning RIGHT instead of left ) . the only item that you might not yet have , that you might need to build for it is a single hill that is 2X2 squares .

as it is , straight out of the box , its got a very robo rally sort of feel , but also a bittoo random . make the ONE change we did , and you are shooting people in the face in no time !

and i word of warning , its not a DEEP game that people get really invested in , and spend tons of time and money on , but it IS a great game that you can get people to play , for SEVERAL quick matches to fill time , or fill an afternoon if you took it to your FLGS to play with a lot of people .

its a lot of fun , and the writer plans to try and work on some expansion rules geared more toward minis gamers . if he starts just selling decks of cards , as opposed to the whole game , the price would drop some to , but even at $30 its well worth it to have ANOTHER game to play with your dustified tanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
oh , and one thing i forgot , as it statnds now , you only need ONE copy of the game , for up to 4 people to play , so if ONE person gets a copy , you got your friends covered .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.