Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a search but got taken down some dark alleyways...

I have just bought the (English version) game. Haven't even unpacked it yet... but are there any errata I should start sorting, or any FAQ that may help my learning of the rules?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are quite good IMHO. In fact, the game fully supports solo play, so no reason not to do a full setup and play through solo while you refer to rules. I have Australian version, but I cant imagine Brit English version being different
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
The rules are quite good IMHO. In fact, the game fully supports solo play, so no reason not to do a full setup and play through solo while you refer to rules. I have Australian version, but I cant imagine Brit English version being different

There is only an Australian edition I believe. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke about previous quibbles over UK/US English being used in manuals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spice
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Heya,
The closest thing to an FAQ or errata I found was the Extensive Le Havre Buildings Reference and FAQ.

To quickly learn the rules I found the Condensed rules for Le Havre to be great.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
ath3ist wrote:

There is only an Australian edition I believe. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke about previous quibbles over UK/US English being used in manuals

I thought Hanno said something about the translator for the Eng edition being from Australia...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
ath3ist wrote:

Hah!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers maties! Just finished punching out and sorting counters... will attempt first game this evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonbartfast wrote:
Kelanen wrote:
ath3ist wrote:

I thought Hanno said something about the translator for the Eng edition being from Australia...

Precisely.

The translator is my wife, so I can verify this is 100% correct!

She also did the English translation of Agricola which was then Americanised so we lost our ploughs soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.