8 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Imdaar Alpha final round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the final round to be played exclusively with the new ships, like Kessel Run, or do the top two players just use a list including two new ships? It occurred to me that one might be able to come up with a 100-pt list using only two ships, but it might be tough, especially for the Rebel player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight Games wrote:
One player will construct an Imperial squad that fields both the TIE defender and TIE phantom. The other will construct a Rebel squad that utilizes the Z-95 Headhunter as well as the E-wing. Both players will complete their 100-point squadrons by adding starships and upgrades from their existing X-Wing collections.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4685

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if two Rebel players make the final? Or two Imperial players? What if the Wave 3 Rebel player wants to play Wave 4 Imps the same way that the Imp player does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think just like Kessel Run that top seed gets to choose which they want to play as. In the Kessel run I chose to run Imperials after going 3-0 in the early rounds, my opponent was 2-1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tusken Raider wrote:
What if two Rebel players make the final? Or two Imperial players? What if the Wave 3 Rebel player wants to play Wave 4 Imps the same way that the Imp player does?

The winner of the tourney gets to pick which side first, 2nd place gets the remainder side. So it won't matter if both sides want to play Rebel, only one can.

So bring ships to construct either Rebel or Imp, since you don't know what side you'll be on in the final round (assuming you even make it to that round).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Tusken Raider wrote:

The winner of the tourney gets to pick which side first, 2nd place gets the remainder side. So it won't matter if both sides want to play Rebel, only one can.

So bring ships to construct either Rebel or Imp, since you don't know what side you'll be on in the final round (assuming you even make it to that round).

-shnar

When I go I will likely already have two squads picked out. I will likely already have my whole collection anyways but I will know what I'm flying when I get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geordan Rosario
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get access to Wave 4 upgrades? The wording implies no ("upgrades from their existing X-Wing collections"), but it would be nice if it were explicitly declared.

I can imagine some places will allow slapping Predator on a Defender, but having only one opened blister, hearing complaints that the Rebel player can't equip it on his E-Wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
geordan wrote:
Do you get access to Wave 4 upgrades? The wording implies no ("upgrades from their existing X-Wing collections"), but it would be nice if it were explicitly declared.

I can imagine some places will allow slapping Predator on a Defender, but having only one opened blister, hearing complaints that the Rebel player can't equip it on his E-Wing.

I expect the Rebel player will get the upgrades from the Z-95 and the E-Wing while the Imperial player will get the upgrades from both new TIEs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.