Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Chris, Clint and Jeff sat down and agreed to let me teach them Pergamon.

Pergamon has you spending time collecting funds, digging for artifacts and then displaying them at museums to obtain VP's.

Each turn, the start player selects an amount of money they hope to get and how deep they want to dig.
2 funding cards are revealed that could make anywhere from 4 to 16 coins available to fund digging efforts. The lower amounts expected are paid out first. So they usually get all the money they expected. But the more you asked for, the less you may get, unless a good amount was revealed.

It sounds more complicated than it really is.

You then may spend your money, with the people who asked for lower amounts, going first.
You can spend money to dig for artifacts. The artifacts come in left and right pieces, with each tile having half each of two different types. You match them together to make displays you can place in museums.

The deeper you dog, the more valuable the artifacts are when you display them to obtain VP's.

The game runs for one year, with each month a full turn. Scoring occurs in the 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th months. Your displays are graded by age and placed in a museum. Older displays will make previous displays lower in interest and therefore lower in value.

Jeff got off to a great start by digging some very old artifacts. The rest of didn't dig as deeply as Jeff and found ourselves with less than worthwhile displays.

Chris learned early on that greed was not always good, as he kept looking for big funding and came up empty handed way too often.

The early grabs by Jeff, outpaced what Clint, Chris and I could muster and got off to an early lead on turn 5.

Funding was very spotty most of the game and one of us almost always came up empty handed.

In the end, Jeff was able to amass an insane amount of points,48, with Clint and I in the 30's and Chris pulling up the end with 24.

Overall, this is a quick and fun game for 2-4 people and it sent one of the players looking through the store to obtain a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this post! It puts this game on the radar for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.