Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Greetings everyone,

My brother and I will be bringing Norsaga to Gen Con 2014 this August. We'll be showing the game all day Thursday, August 14 and Saturday, August 16. If you'd like to demo the game with us walking you through it, grab an event ticket (event registration starts May 18). Even if you're just curious or want to say hi, stop by and see us!

You can also check out the Norsaga site, and sign up for our mailing list (on the Contacts page).

Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks to everyone that came by and demoed the game this weekend! Once we get the mailing list updated we'll send out a post-Gen Con follow up report, but in the mean time please share any comments, thoughts, or personal opinions from the game on the forums here! The response to the game was great, and hopefully you'll be seeing more of Norsaga soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get a chance to show it to some publishers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
We talked to one or two, and we're going to follow up with them now that the convention is over. Mostly we got advice on Kickstarting and manufacturing it ourselves.

The highlight was probably getting the chance to sit down with Christopher Badell from Greater Than Games for 20 minutes on the last day; talk about information density! I think he conveyed an hour worth of wisdom in that time, and his enthusiasm for the industry is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Walker
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally jelly. You're living the dream, sir.

You're going to have a horde at your door when/if you get that Kickstarter up and running. Super excited for this game, it looks amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, this game is going to rock. Could you share with us some of the advises you got at GenCon? I will be curious to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
I would say the biggest impression we left with was the need to get people excited about a game before trying to Kickstart it. I've heard that echoed elsewhere, that Kickstarter is a great tool but it won't do your advertising for you.

We've been working to set up plenty of avenues through which to share info on Norsaga going forward (besides the official site, there's facebook, twitter, and of course BGG!), and creating a schedule of updates that will include a lot of cool info. The first of those updates should be coming this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.