Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

The Agents» Forums » General

Subject: Who is the 6th MaVerick? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: player [+] cards [+] of [+] hand [+] to [+] the [+] I [+] and [+] one [+] like [+] [View All]
Saar Shai
United States
BRONX
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

As you know, we've unlocked the MaVerick Stretch Goal and 5 out of the 6 MaVericks have been revealed. The selection of the 6th Agent in the deck is down to you. Share your ideas; crazy, absurd and wonderful, and we'll have a vote on the favorite suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Psychotherapist: "Remove all other MaVericks from the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Kidnapper - Name any agent in play, the first player to grab that agent gets to put that agent in hand. Repeat once for each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Wright
msg tools
The Liberator -- for 10 seconds, all agents may be freely moved to new positions within the safe houses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ayers
United States
Summertown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Evangelist/Preacher - For the next 10 seconds every one must close their eyes and bow their head as if in prayer and attempt to grab one agent and put it in their hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Acrobat - Players alternate turns stacking IP chits. A player wins if the next player places a chit that causes other chits to fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kurt de vos
Belgium
bredene
belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the illusionist

switch points between 2 players ( including yourself )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renan Neori
Israel
Tel Aviv
Gush Dan
flag msg tools
From a time before Pachinko...
badge
Don't touch!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, from my comment at the KS:

The Corrupt Officer - Target/all player(s) must play any card they choose to play from behind their back(s) (no looking!) until the end of your next turn.

And here's another, which I hope I'm wording alright... Hopefully you'll get the idea and fix it if there's a mistake. e: read a bit more on how the game works, so here's the fixed MaVerick.

The Classic Gent - While this agent is in play, when a player activates an agent's action, the other player must activate the agent's other action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Financier - Choose any mission in play and name a starting price in IP you're willing to spend to steal that mission. Other players may bid higher or pass and bidding continues until all players pass except for one. The winner steals the mission. (Spend IP goes back to the bank, so to speak.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Loose Cannon - You have five seconds to flip as many living agents as you wish. All flipped agents are killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Swindler - Each player hides their IP cards, then plays one IP card face down on the Swindler. If the total IP is even, keep the IP. If it is odd, discard the IP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kraig Elsdon
United Kingdom
Ilford
Essex
flag msg tools
Some ideas I posted on Kickstarter:

THE GUNSLINGER meeple
Stand facing a player and play rock-paper-scissors with both hands (both hands must show the same) If you win, you kill 2 of their Agents. If you lose, they kill 2 of your Agents.

THE RACKETEER (or a less physical EXTORTIONIST)arrrh
1) Attach to a faction. It cannot be removed from that faction for the rest of the game, unless there are no live agents in that faction. Every time a player scores IPs from that faction at the end of their turn, you get half the IPs. or:
2) Each other player must give you 2 IPs or you kill one of their agents.

THE BERSERKER (or a less physical FLAMETHROWER)angry
All agents flee for their lives. All players must move one position clockwise. (So in the confusion you end up with someone's elses faction, which could be a good thing or a bad thing!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corwin1971 wrote:
Some ideas I posted on Kickstarter:

These are really fun suggestions, Carl. Really like the Racketeer. It feels like you're in my head. Some of them are very similar to these ideas I posted on the Kickstarter:

The Duelist: For the next round, any command that is activated must also win a "rock-paper-scissors" against the opposite player.
The Fixer: Trade hands with the opposite player
The Wheelman: Change seats with the player to your left. Keep your hand and points, but factions, commanders, and missions stay with the seat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barick
United States
Dyer
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm not one for coming up with abilities for this game but as far as names go:

The Blackmailer
The Double Agent
The Kingpin

That's all I can contribute sadly :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wrobel
Germany
flag msg tools
I would like to recruit the whistle-blower: Every player give one of his hand held card to the player sitting to his right (prority) and the rest to the player sitting to the left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunterheart wrote:
I would like to recruit the whistle-blower: Every player give one of his hand held card to the player sitting to his right (prority) and the rest to the player sitting to the left.

Fantastic idea! Adds just a little bit more chaos.

Did you see the new update on the campaign? MaVericks are going to change a lot:

Kickstarter Update wrote:
I've designed a new way for these MaVericks to be used in the game. These 'Free-for-All' Agents are placed face-up, in a row in the centre of the table, at the beginning of the game. Every player can use an action on their turn to reactivate any of their commands, choosing which other player receives the bonus IPs.

I'm excited by these new possibilites, and I cannot wait to see what the new commands will be. This is what I commented on the Kickstarter, and I'd like to see what people here think as well:

Here is my mental image of the MaVericks: have you ever seen the film, The Boondock Saints? If not, I recommend it. In that film, when the Mafia cannot stop the Saints, they are left with no choice but to unleash the dreaded hitman, "Il Duce." The trouble is, once he's released, he goes rogue and turns against the mobsters. I like the idea of a MaVerick being like this--dangerous and slightly unhinged, but sometimes necessary. Like a wild animal, there is a chance they will turn on their keepers.

To achieve this, I like Saar's new idea of them being in a row and accessible to all players. On the other hand, I want them to be in the Agents deck instead of chosen before the game. That way, players have to make a tough choice whether or not to unleash this maniac. Also, they're darned hard to get rid of. They cannot be affected by commands from Faction Agents, but Free Agents can still KILL or EXTRACT them.

Thoughts and feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.