Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow Dice Masters, I have a couple things I wanted to ask you all for clarification.

1) I am, based on the rules, assuming that when a character attacks, is blocked but NOT KO'ed, it goes back to the field. SOOOO.... that means it can defend on the opponents following turn if they attack?

2) Characters in the reserve pool stay there indefinitely/until you pay the cost to field them? They do not clear (like action dice) at the end of your turn, nor do they clear at the start of your next turn?

3) Is unused energy cleared at the beginning of a person's next turn?

Thanks much in advance! Played the learning game last night with my daughter, and have to admit although obviously lacking from the real basic and tournament rules, WAS a great way to introduce her to the game and it's rules. Today though I am playing with a fellow experienced gamer friend of mine, and wanted to be sure of a few things (and for when my daughter and I play again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Hello fellow Dice Masters, I have a couple things I wanted to ask you all for clarification.

1) I am, based on the rules, assuming that when a character attacks, is blocked but NOT KO'ed, it goes back to the field. SOOOO.... that means it can defend on the opponents following turn if they attack?

2) Characters in the reserve pool stay there indefinitely/until you pay the cost to field them? They do not clear (like action dice) at the end of your turn, nor do they clear at the start of your next turn?

3) Is unused energy cleared at the beginning of a person's next turn?

Thanks much in advance! Played the learning game last night with my daughter, and have to admit although obviously lacking from the real basic and tournament rules, WAS a great way to introduce her to the game and it's rules. Today though I am playing with a fellow experienced gamer friend of mine, and wanted to be sure of a few things (and for when my daughter and I play again).

1) Yes that is correct.

2) At the end of the main step, if you have not paid for a character they are moved to the used pile.

3) Yes.

Basically everything is used or lost. Unused characters are moved to the used pile after main step, unused action dice are moved to the used pile at the cleanup step and unused energy is moved to the used pile at the beginning of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much! I didn't think characters stuck around to be fielded on later turns, but didn't notice it in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the cheat sheet inside the rule book that is the playmat. The arrows tell you when to move dice where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.