John Fleming
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools

This game looks fun, but the risk of purchasing it only to discover missing parts or broken ships (as seems to have happened to several BGG posters) seems too great. Perhaps the thing to do is to subscribe to this game's BGG page, in order to learn when and if the game is to be upgraded in a manner resolving the component problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
If you receive any damaged parts, we will replace them at no cost to you.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to get my two grey ships replaced since February. It is extremely frustrating...I opened a ticket, I get emails asking me if I've received my ships, I reply "No" and that's the end of it.

I opened a new ticket about a week or so ago. No response so far.

I can't recommend this game, the customer service has been terrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fleming
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools

Well, I'm the OPer, so to complete the circuit on my experience:

I decided to purchase the game, from a reputable online game store. It arrived and I anxiously opened it, and to my relief found the pieces intact.

To be honest the spaceships did not strike me as being all that fragile. Yet I'm no expert on game components, and I believe everything the upset customers are saying. So with their cautionary remarks in mind I've inserted cotton balls about the game pieces before closing up the game box.

It's certainly a tough decision for the prospective buyer ... something of a crapshoot. The designers/publishers really have to be thinking about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Lea Mills
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My copy (purchased Sept. 2014) had 2 ships separated from their bases. So far, it's looking like a silicon sealant (sometimes sold as an adhesive; sometimes sold as a bathroom/kitchen sealer) is holding them together.

I happened to have white on hand, so there's some white residue visible near the join, but this won't be noticeable when the ships are upright. I'd recommend clear if you can find it, though. The repair is new enough that I can't swear by it, so I'll try to remember to update after they've gone through some wear and tear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.