John H
United States
Ravenna
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done due diligence searching through some posts on this forum and scanning the old KS campaign page, but for the life of me, I can't find any clear indications as to what (if any) changes were made to the original Fat Messiah version, other than nicer components. All I can see are references to "redesign".

Were any rules changed? Was the board changed? Were units changed?

I have the Fat Messiah version. Might want to try to incorporate any changes made if there were any.

Any knowledge of this appreciated. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamezendo.com wrote:
I've done due diligence searching through some posts on this forum and scanning the old KS campaign page, but for the life of me, I can't find any clear indications as to what (if any) changes were made to the original Fat Messiah version, other than nicer components. All I can see are references to "redesign".

Were any rules changed? Was the board changed? Were units changed?

I have the Fat Messiah version. Might want to try to incorporate any changes made if there were any.

Any knowledge of this appreciated. Thanks.


If I remember correctly the graphics were changed and the rulebook were rewritten to be easier to understand, but I don't think that any of that changed the game itself.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The map and counters are bigger, making them easier to see and handle. I cannot recall any other differences and am too lazy to dig out my old copy and compare side by side.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game design did not change. All the graphics were updated though. I can point you to the new graphics in image section if you want.
You can also download the latest rules if you want to scan through them.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Ravenna
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
The game design did not change. All the graphics were updated though. I can point you to the new graphics in image section if you want.
You can also download the latest rules if you want to scan through them.


Thanks a lot for this clear reply. I thought it was like this, but when looking through threads, I saw Neal Sofge (who had a hand in producing the newest version) kept using the term "redesign" in some posts, which was very confusing.

Thanks again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it was simply a "graphic" redesign.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game play did not change, all my marines died again.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamezendo.com wrote:
I saw Neal Sofge (who had a hand in producing the newest version) kept using the term "redesign" in some posts, which was very confusing.

Sorry about that. I'm usually more precise about my terminology.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
The game play did not change, all my marines died again.


OMG is that funny.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spacehulk wrote:
martimer wrote:
The game play did not change, all my marines died again.


OMG is that funny.
Not to the families of those dead marines - even if they are clones!

whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.