Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I've played this about six times solo (no flow charts) and still getting a feel for the various faction abilities. I just realized I may have been shortchanging Rally severely. My idea of Rally was that you add more forces, more bases, or you can make active guerrillas go underground. What I didn't really get though is that not only can you put active guerrillas underground at a base, you can basically grab every piece on the map no matter where they are and no matter if they are active or not, and move them to that base. It can be effectively a massive redeploy move for negligeble resources. I'm reading that rule correctly, right?

2. What is your general strategy for winning with the FARC? The playthrough talks about getting in the cities. It seems that with my new understanding of Rally, the FARC would try to get a base in the city, which, granted, is a tricky proposition, but once I got one in there, I could use the Rally move as I described to flood the city with reds.

Your feedback appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
What I didn't really get though is that not only can you put active guerrillas underground at a base, you can basically grab every piece on the map no matter where they are and no matter if they are active or not, and move them to that base. It can be effectively a massive redeploy move for negligeble resources. I'm reading that rule correctly, right?

You can move any or all Guerrillas, correct. Assuming the space is Neutral or Opposition, of course.

Quote:
What is your general strategy for winning with the FARC? The playthrough talks about getting in the cities. It seems that with my new understanding of Rally, the FARC would try to get a base in the city, which, granted, is a tricky proposition, but once I got one in there, I could use the Rally move as I described to flood the city with reds.

It's even more tricky of a proposition as the city has to become at least Neutral in order to allow FARC to Rally there.

Tactically, the Rally move you describe above is a cheap redeploy, sure, but at cost of concentrating FARC forces.

My belief is that FARC wants to spread out as much as possible, to force the Government into a very expensive game of "whac-a-mole".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a game as the FARC, I got into the cities when some only had one or two cubes. Then I could move one or two guerillas, do a terror op, then another terror op (if a second guerilla) and the city was down to neutral. At that point I could rally guerillas there, and set up a base. None of it was easy to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you get lucky to be one of the last ones to go before a Prop. Card and have a bunch of pieces next to a city, march all of them in, sure they get activated, but during the Prop phase they go back underground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Also, if you get lucky to be one of the last ones to go before a Prop. Card and have a bunch of pieces next to a city, march all of them in, sure they get activated, but during the Prop phase they go back underground.

Good tip. I'll remember it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
And if you manage to get Control of that city during the propaganda round, then you can sabotage ALL LoCs adjacent to that City for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.