Subject: So any news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lot of us gamers really looking forward to this next entry in the Band of Brothers family. Is it going to go on KS, what is the latest ETA, are the updated counters for SE still going to be included? As the old commercial went "Enquiring minds want to know"

Thanks, and sorry for bugging you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
National Enquirer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
It will include updated counters for SE.

Other than that, all I can say is that we are waiting on art. The scenarios and rules are solid. There is still some playtesting going on, but I could cut that off at any time.

When the art is ready, we can put a bow on it and send it to the printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
It will include updated counters for SE.

Other than that, all I can say is that we are waiting on art. The scenarios and rules are solid. There is still some playtesting going on, but I could cut that off at any time.

When the art is ready, we can put a bow on it and send it to the printer.

Now do you know whether this will be released through kickstarter or the corporate website

Thanks

Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Sorry, I don't know. That decision is made above my pay grade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Now do you know whether this will be released through kickstarter

I hope not. I have an aversion to kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Christmas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope it will be released till Spiel '14, Essen, in october.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been a couple months....any updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Still waiting on art and formatting.

There is still some playtesting going on - we'll keep doing that all the way until the end - but the game is done.

I'm impatient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
Still waiting on art and formatting.

There is still some playtesting going on - we'll keep doing that all the way until the end - but the game is done.

I'm impatient.

We are all impatient, but thanks for letting us know the progress. We are all anxious to dig into the next game in the series. There is usually no such thing as "too much" play testing.

ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed on being anxious to get this and then move on to The Old Breed and whatever comes after that. This series should be a home run for Worthington if they handle it properly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This series should be a home run for Worthington if they handle it properly!

Agree.

One thing I am hoping to see as a Kickstarter reward or perhaps a seperate Kickstarter product is complete map and counter sets for each game (so you, for example, dont have to find maps and counters in SE in order to play a scenario in GP) and/or sets of mounted maps for the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am beginning to wonder at the total absense of news on the BoB series from Worthintons newsletters.

Should we be worried or do they just like to focus on a single game at a time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
They tend to focus on a game at a time. No need to worry about BoB. However, the more pressure from you all the better. We are still waiting on art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
They (Worthington) tend to focus on a game at a time.

Yes they do, for better AND for worse. I've seen a lot of companies take too much on, and as a result, everything is delayed and comes out late. We will not have that problem with Worthington.

On the other hand, Sea Kings is up next. So let's extrapolate.

Worthington's 1st KS was New York 1776. 45 days for KS, game shipped ~2 months after KS ended.

Next came Scotland Rising. KS started ~ a month after the prior KS, lasted 40 days, and the game shipped only 1 month after the KS ended.

Sea Kings is next in the pipeline, its KS hasn't started, although it has been almost 2 months since the last KS. Let's say it starts on Oct 1st. 40 day KS, ships 1 month later, or we can approximate with a holiday fudge factor and say it ships by Thanksgiving/XMas.

I don't see a KS for Texas Arrows until 2015. 40 day KS, ships a month later (if Jim ever gets his art, he's been waiting on it since at least last Feb) if we are lucky.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but I'm setting the over/under at March Madness 2015 before any of us have game in hand. ...and all this is assuming that Arrows is next in line after Sea Kings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense, but I hope you're wrong - I'm hoping to see Texas Arrows in 2014. And Old Breed in January 2015, and Commonwealth in February 2015, and.....you get the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
From a design standpoint Texas Arrows is done. The Old Breed is getting close also. The Commonwealth module is lagging behind a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
>From a design standpoint Texas Arrows is done. The Old Breed is getting close also. The Commonwealth module is lagging behind a little.

Great news, but as long as Worthington isnĀ“t publishing them, but spends their time of launching new game series instead of actively supporting this one it doesnt make much difference to us :(

Perhaps I should volunteer as a playtester as I would then be able to play your games without having to wait for WG to get their focus back on a series that could easily be a major hit for them if only they would give it some attention
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHdave wrote:
No offense, but I hope you're wrong - I'm hoping to see Texas Arrows in 2014. And Old Breed in January 2015, and Commonwealth in February 2015, and.....you get the idea.

No offense, but I have data backing up my estimates. Hey, I hope I'm wrong too, but let's face it, we both know what's more likely.

One very good thing about Worthington, they don't do their KS until the game is pretty much DONE. My last 3 wargame KS campaigns:

Ogre: a year after their ESTIMATED release, more like 18 months from end of KS

War Stories: coming up on a year after the estimated release date, again, more than a year since KS ended

Spearpoint Eastern Front: due in April, now pushed back to 'maybe by XMas,' which would be one year after KS ended.

All in all, I'll take how Worthington does it.

brian asklev aursen wrote:
...without having to wait for WG to get their focus back on a series that could easily be a major hit for them if only they would give it some attention

Yah, it's kinda weird. They (Worthingon) know things we don't about sales, plans etc, but BoB-TA appears to have more (user/sales) support than the rest of their recent titles.

New York 1776 BGGers on wishlist : 29
Scotland Rising BGGers on wishlist : 8
Sea Kings BGGers on wishlist : 6
Texas Arrows BGGers on wishlist : 50

My last employer was so enamored with analytics, marketing and Big Data they spent over seven figures on the full package from Splunk so they would never run out of numbers to crunch. I have to keep reminding myself that the wargaming industry doesn't work the same way, I'm sure everything is much more seat of the pants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bartholomew

Lancaster
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ron, realistically I agree with you regarding the series.

Jim - glad to hear Old Breed is getting close. My opinion (worth everything you paid for it) is that adding the Pacific will add a lot of new gamers to the series. I really hope Worthington realizes the potential of this series and makes it a priority to get new games out AND keep the existing games in stock. Screaming Eagles being out of stock is not good for new people trying to decide between BoB and the other tactical WWII games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a question on the Worthington Games forum on CSW and got no reply, so I am apprehensive on the future of the series. I loved their Red Poppies game, but there was no followup even though it seemed perfected timed given the centennial. But I live in hope for TA coming eventually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Daquin
Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok September 22, so when is this published?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
No exact date at the moment, but Worthington is working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ready for Texas Arrows! Worthingon, make it so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Worthington via mail, and they said "December". So I'm hopeful for early 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.