5 Posts

Pixel Tactics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gramophone question and extra characters in PNP version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
msg tools
Hi all,

I have buy Pixel TActics PNP 1-2-3 last week and read the rules one time. However, I cant understand the gramophone icon. Could someone explain it to me please. How does it work?

Also, in the PNP version of Tactics 1, there is one sheet of paper with extra character on it. However, there is only one sheet of paper and no duplicate. Howe does it work? Do you need to print it two times or you put some character in the blue and the others in the red?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devilix wrote:
Hi all,

I have buy Pixel TActics PNP 1-2-3 last week and read the rules one time. However, I cant understand the gramophone icon. Could someone explain it to me please. How does it work?

The "loudspeaker" icon is just a visual reminder that the ability is an "Attack Power" (a non-passive ability which has to be activated instead of attacking but still counts as an attack).

Devilix wrote:
Also, in the PNP version of Tactics 1, there is one sheet of paper with extra character on it. However, there is only one sheet of paper and no duplicate. Howe does it work? Do you need to print it two times or you put some character in the blue and the others in the red?

Those are Promo Characters. They are explained in the latest rules version on the level99games website:

Latest Rules wrote:
Promotional Cards
You may come across Promo cards via promotions, conventions, or unforeseeable circumstances. In this case, here’s how to use them in a game. You will need at least 2 Promo Cards to use these rules.

During Setup, shuffle all the promo cards together to create a third draw deck. Set it aside outside the game.
Each player draws 1 card from the promo card deck at the game’s start, and one less card from his own deck (so each has the same usual starting hand of 5).
During the game, anytime a player would draw a card and while there are still cards in the Promo Deck and at least one card in his hand, he may substitute that draw for a ‘Promo Draw’. To do this, he discards a card of choice from his hand, then draws one card from the Promo Deck.
Promotional cards are intended for casual play, and are not legal for use in competitive matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
msg tools
Thank you very much for the help. This is really appreciated.

Have a nice day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollyhock wrote:
Devilix wrote:
Hi all,

The "loudspeaker" icon is just a visual reminder that the ability is an "Attack Power" (a non-passive ability which has to be activated instead of attacking but still counts as an attack).

However, this does not seem to be used consistently (or I might be missing something). For example, the Pyromancer's and Gunner's rear ability is the same, while one has the gramophone and the other doesn't. There are other examples like this (e.g; the Alchemist's rear ability seems to be missing it, most ranged attacks, Pyromancers vanguard ability, two of the Apprentice's abilities seen to be missing it too, etc). I'm assuming it is missing on the Pyromancer card, but I do wonder if there is actually some significant difference.
I also was confused by this because when I looked at the rules to see what the gramophone was, that symbol was attached to the description of "orders", making it even more confusing. For a short while, I though the gramophone designated something that could be used like a "wave-specific" order. I quickly understood that made no sense however and just started ignoring it.
Good game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tiborvadovan wrote:
However, this does not seem to be used consistently (or I might be missing something).

Those cards are misprinted. If an ability starts with "Attack: ...", that's an Attack Power and it should have a loudspeaker icon at the left margin. If not, that's not an Attack Power and it shouldn't have a loudspeaker icon.

The loudspeaker icon is also used inside the ability textbox as a "fluff-icon" that represents actions. This has nothing to do with the loudspeakers at the left margin and yes, is a bit confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.