8 Posts

Firefly: The Game – Artful Dodger» Forums » General

Subject: Need help purchasing the Artful Dodger in the UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm a UK resident, but I bought an imported copy of Firefly just before the UK edition came out, not knowing about the Artful Dodger that was included in the UK edition. I was rather put out, but thrilled to hear about GF9's policy of selling promos directly themselves after a period of time.

Fast-forward a bit though, and the Artful Dodger isn't available in the UK (most British players will already have it, so fair enough), and I'm stumped for how to get hold of it without resorting to exorbitant eBay auctions.

I'm making inquiries, but if anyone knows a solution already, please share it. Alternatively, does anyone in a region that has it available to order feel like buying & posting one for me, for cost price transferred via PayPal? Pretty please? kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bill
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I did exactly the same but by buying the Artful Dodger seperately, you've probably saved cash!

go to:

www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=13463

(if this is wrong, go to www.fireflythegame.com and select the store option)

The Dodger will be there with the US price of $10, you can change the price region or just put it in the basket and proceed to cart.

You will then be told that it is changing to the UK cart which costs a nice £5!

get Pirates and Bounty Hunters whilst you're there, the delivery is next day, you won't regret it! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Did you get that some time ago? I try that now and as soon as it switches to UK pricing or the UK shopping cart, the item price changes to 'LA' (Limites Availability) and it disappears out of my shopping cart. I think they sold out of whatever stock they had in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bill
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ah. I bought it as soon as it was released. Probably best to email or call Battlefront and see when they have them back in stock.

It won't be long before the eBay crowd start overcharging for them again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Already emailed battlefront, was told they'd given exclusive rights to sell Firefly to 247toys in the uk. They don't list the promos or even pirates and bounty hunters on their site, so this assertion perplexed me somewhat, but I emailed them anyway. No answer yet.

I think I'm just going to proxy/print it out until and unless it comes back on sale on the official store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Threakall
England
Brighton
flag msg tools
http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/firefly-the-game-the-artful-...

Just seen the above if you are still looking for one...

*edit* a pre-order, but might be a good sign for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yeah, thanks. I'd already seen the pre-order announcement elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Maxwell
Australia
flag msg tools
mark_handy wrote:
http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/firefly-the-game-the-artful-...

Just seen the above if you are still looking for one...

*edit* a pre-order, but might be a good sign for you.

Purchased BS, BA, and PBH from other places. do you konw if they ship to Australia? would love to get a copy of her

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.