Subject: 200 Point Borg Fleet - To confuse post-dominion war event! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there is 200 point post-Dominion War event coming up in the UK and I thought I'd throw a surprise and field some Borg ships (I wonder if there will be complaints that the Borg didn't meddle in the Dominion war? Oh well!) - 3 spheres to be precise... 100 points doesn't quite seem enough for 2 decent spheres, but the leftover from 2 spheres and 200 points.... well... gives some options...

So far have been playing with the following, thought I'd throw it to the wider community for advice/feedback:

Sphere 38
Worf 4 (Koraga)
Spock 6 (Enterprise)
Cutting Beam 8
Tractor Beam 7
Ablative Armour 10

Sphere 38
Tactical Drone 3
Ablative Armour 10
Assimilation Tubules 8

Sphere 38
Benjamin Sisko 5 (Defiant)
Ablative Armour 10
Hikaru Sulu 4 (Enterprise)

Flagship (IndependentKli) 11

Total 200

Fairly obvious what they all do:
1st Sphere - get stuck in with cutting beam
2nd Sphere - steal stuff
3rd Sphere - general attack

Will it stand up under other 200 point fleets?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At 200 points, you're probably more likely to see lots of heavily upgraded ships. More Assimilation Tubules may be useful to break some combos. You're also probably going to at least lose one Sphere before it fires, as a 200pt Alpha strike could be NASTY (Picard, Kirk, Martok, Khan all firing big attacks at CS9). Adding a Fourth Sphere may be more worthwhile here.

I'd recommend something basic:

Borg Sphere (38)
+Picard (7)
+Valtane (4)
+Cloaked Mines (4)

Borg Sphere (38)
+Dukat (6)
+Boheeka (3)
+Cloaked Mines (4)

Borg Sphere (38)
+Borg Drone (0)
+Assimilation Tubules (8)
+Cloaked Mines (4)

Borg Sphere (38)
+Borg Drone (0)
+Assimilation Tubules (8)
+Cloaked Mines (4)

Two Assimilation Tubules at Captain Skill 0 means you can jump in and try and shut down two scary upgrades (Conditional Surrender Crew, Quantum Torps/Transphasic Torps/Scotty in an Alpha Strike List, etc.). Quadruple Cloaked Mines means once the fighting starts, you can force the opponent to take auto-damage every single turn to help in an attrition war with other Sphere/Turret lists. Cloaked Mines are also awesome at completely obliterating Fighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere
Flagship (Independent Klingon)
Picard
Once more unto the breach
+other upgrades

Free scan action from flagship.
Ship can Target lock.
Picard can Battle stations.
Once more allows 2 attacks at -1 die. (target lock to reroll one attack. battle stations the second attack)

Pile on some other upgrades/support that increase the dice you can attack with and it gets ugly fast.
-Scotty
-Donatra

you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be interested to see how it does.

By the by the Flagship resource only costs 10 not 11 as you don't pay faction penalties on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric, only issue with that build from a practical point of view is the 4 sets of cloaked mines! I don't have that many and the Borg spheres have only jsut been released here... hmm... big outlay financially!! Also, I think it came up at 204 points...

Erin your crew makeup was interesting, I wondered if I incorporated that into the fleet the makeup would be more effective:

Sphere 38
Picard 7
Once More Unto The Breach 6
Ablative Armour 10

Sphere 38
Worf . 4
Spock . 6
Cutting Beam 8
Tractor Beam 7
Ablative Armour 10

Sphere 38
Drone 0
Ablative Armour 10
Assimilation Tubules 8

Flagship 10

TOTAL 200

Thanks Stephen for pointing out the point cost of flagship card! I've not played in a single OP event, so some of the resources I get a bit vague on. Was assuming the cross faction applied as Neutral is listed as a faction... You going to the UK Games Expo at the end of the month?

Regards all

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Knight
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep posting these 200 point lists guys, they're invaluable to my own build research for the event
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, barring anything untoward I'll be there, arriving Saturday.

@ Dan - How do you know we're not just psyching you out posting false lists to confuse you?

Besides I'm so indecisive my list has changed 3 times already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha! Having never played an OP event, I'd just be doing it for the laugh of it, not expecting great things! (Provided I can manage to trek half-way across the country and get there!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Sivers
England
flag msg tools
I made a fleet last night, for this event. can't wait.

I got my klingon fleet up to 8 ships, (I say klingon but there was a few other races) ships were faction pure allowing for the additional 10 point AO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Roguethirteen's build except for the fact that Borg Spheres don't have tech slots so they can't hold Cloaked Mines and I counted it at 204 points. If you take them out though, that does give you enough points to upgrade the Drones to Tac Drones and throw Spock on there somewhere giving you the flat 200 again. Would've loved to keep the mines in there though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.