Hide
7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] No Ice Jinteki rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Fietsch
msg tools
So, I decided to give this a whirl. Here is a link to my no ice deck. I am trying to determine if Tennin is really what I want to run. I am not using Snare! because they currently are all in other decks. It seems to run well without them but, mostly by due to surprise value. Keyhole and Deus Ex really are not this deck's friends :-( Any thoughts on improvements?

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android_netrun...

Identity
Tennin Institute: The Secrets Within (Honor and Profit)

Total Cards: 49

Agenda (10)

Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
House of Knives (Honor and Profit) x3
Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit) x1
The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit) x3

Asset (22)

Plan B (Honor and Profit) x3
Project Junebug (Core) x3
Psychic Field (Honor and Profit) x3
Ronin (Future Proof) x3
Server Diagnostics (Creation and Control) x3
Shi.Kyū (Honor and Profit) x3
Toshiyuki Sakai (Fear and Loathing) x1
Encryption Protocol (Trace Amount) x3

ICE (0)

Operation (12)

Diversified Portfolio (Honor and Profit) x3
Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit) x3
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x3
Shipment from Kaguya (Core) x3

Upgrade (5)

Caprice Nisei (Double Time) x1
Hokusai Grid (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Tori Hanzō (Honor and Profit) x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a no ice deck to work, I really do... but all it's going to take is one Keyhole to really ruin your day. Without snares or shocks, you don't even need that, any R&D Dig will give you a bad time. Not to mention getting siphoned off the face of the planet.

Caprice gives you a chance... but if you only have one and she's the only thing keeping you from being siphoned to the stoneage, not sure how you get around that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Fietsch
msg tools
So I have playtested this one a fair bit (12 games 8w/4L). Keyhole is a major issue and honestly the snares are not there due to my number of physical copies not strategic choice. Shocks were removed in favor of Shi Ku.
Syphons are surprisingly a really big non issue. 22 cards have zero cost and I have no ice to rez. The bursts come from diversified portfolio and server diagnostics is a strong economy that is ignored for the first few turns because runners tend to ignore it for reasons I do not comprehend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking that Tennin is the worst Jinteki identity to do this with. Isn't the runner going to run on either R&D, HQ, or Archives just to deny you this free advancement counter? I feel like Personal Evolution and Replicating Perfection are much better choices. PE means if they chance one of your agendas then its an extra damage, RP makes them run twice in a turn just to get a chance to run on an Agenda-filled remote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaxCecilia wrote:
I'm thinking that Tennin is the worst Jinteki identity to do this with. Isn't the runner going to run on either R&D, HQ, or Archives just to deny you this free advancement counter? I feel like Personal Evolution and Replicating Perfection are much better choices. PE means if they chance one of your agendas then its an extra damage, RP makes them run twice in a turn just to get a chance to run on an Agenda-filled remote.

Agreed. You need SOMETHING to make them stop checking R&D every turn. I don't see how this deck doesn't completely die to R&D lock. Not only does no ice make R&D accesses free, but the huge concentration of assets makes it really easy to filter through. There are only 17 cards in this deck that can't be trashed from R&D. There are only 3 cards that punish looking at R&D, and those (Fetal AI) grant agenda points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
No ice is difficult to make work for obvious reasons and absolutely garbage without Snare! and similar cards that the runner has to play around. Without ice, you have plenty of space for x3 snare, x3 shock, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Saltrelli
United States
Hilton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Tennin Institute will do much good for you in an ICE-less deck. There isn't much to prevent the runner from running. I personally LOVE Nisei Division with The Future Perfect and Caprice. There's nothing move satisfying than to watch the runner struggle to steal a 3 point agenda and fail repeatedly. Shi.Kyu and Shock can make archives rather prickly and Snares will force the runner to run HQ and R&D a little more conservatively. I think that's a much better route for an ICE-less deck.

I also wouldn't put too much stock in Plan B. Maybe run just 1 in your deck. It's really only worth it at game point when you Mushin No Shin a new server and the runner MUST run there or risk losing the game. Almost every other time, it's going to be nothing more than a TOL battery of which you already have 6 with Ronin and Junebug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.