Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Myth-ers,

I recently purchased a retail copy of Myth from Miniature Market. I just opened up the heroes/monsters bag of characters this past Saturday morning and found that my Acolyte miniature had his arms broken off holding his battle hammer-he was in two pieces. Has anyone else encountered this problem? The hammer is pretty big for the little miniature so I figured other people may have gone through a similar situation...

I e-mailed MegaCon games (twice now) about the situation and haven't gotten a response. I've heard good things in other forums about their response time and customer service, so I'm just going to assume they're very busy to start the week. I'd like to get a new Acolyte miniature... usually in situations where I could easily glue a broken piece on (like if the base were broken or something like that) I'd just do it myself, but it's going to be too difficult to glue his hands/hammer back on because the piece is very delicate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should definitely replace that for you but, barring that, I would recommend pinning the pieces to reinforce the glue joint(s).

Edit: While they're separated, you also have an opportunity to prime and paint his tunic and the back side of the handle on his hammer which are tough to manage otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a broken figure and a board that was damaged. Response time was very good. I got my replacements last week. Within a few days of first contact. Is this the email address you used mercs@mercsminis.com?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
I had a broken figure and a board that was damaged. Response time was very good. I got my replacements last week. Within a few days of first contact. Is this the email address you used mercs@mercsminis.com?

I went directly to MegaCon's website and sent an e-mail through their customer support system. I will e-mail this address as well! Thanks for letting me know about this. Yes, I've only heard good things about their response time, which is why I'm surprised that I've had any lag time at all. But I sent out an e-mail 4 days ago, so it's early and I'm not too worried about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an apprentice with a hand broken off and an orc with the halberd broken.

It took three weeks for them to respond to my two emails and then another for the shipment to get here.

They sent the Apprentice and an orc with a sword. I said screw it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've had 4 figures replaced already including the big bug boss that was horribly glued to the base. The model itself was undamaged but the base was terrible! One of the orc thugs was missing a head, another an arm. It took less than a work week to get the replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Tinsley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My replacement parts took some time to arrive. But they did arrive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
super... wrote:
My replacement parts took some time to arrive. But they did arrive

Understandable, I've got no problem waiting some time for a replacement miniature. I'm sure they're a busy company.

But I still haven't heard anything back from them, which is surprising and a little bit bothersome. I've sent a couple of e-mails...it's not as if I'm looking for some long, detailed response. I just want an Acolyte miniature to replace the one that was broken, I took plenty of pictures next to unpunched game pieces and my invoice and attached them to the e-mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes them a while to respond. I think they have one person that handles all of this every once in awhile. In other words, I think the respond, pack, and ship replacements only when they reach a certain volume threshold because the employee has lots of other things to do as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
It takes them a while to respond. I think they have one person that handles all of this every once in awhile. In other words, I think the respond, pack, and ship replacements only when they reach a certain volume threshold because the employee has lots of other things to do as well.

I got a response this afternoon from someone in their customer service department, the miniature is on its way. Which is good news

Thanks everyone for the information/help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.