Android: Netrunner» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Regionals - Helsinki, Finland (4th place) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I recently participated in the Finnish Regional tournament. There were 25 players total, coming from different cities all across Finland. I was the only one who didn't speak any Finnish, but the guys were really nice and hospitable and welcoming, it all turned out to be really great. Thanks guys! Hope to see you at our Regional in Saint-Petersburg!

For my corp deck I took PeekaySK's Cerebral Hive of Giraffes that won him a Chronos Protocol in Bratislava. Then twisted it a bit, switching Hives and Giraffes for Scorched Earth and SEA Source. After I did a week of testing with this deck, PeekaySK posted his new list that he played very successfully in another Chronos Protocol in Vienna, and this new version called Scorched Imaging turned out to be almost the same as mine! I discussed some fine aspects of the deck with him on the shimhack.com forum, and made some changes accordingly, so in the end my decklist was 95% similar to his, except that I decided to stick with 3/2s instead of 5/3s, so that the runner would always need to steal at least 4 agendas to win.. Here's the list:

Cerebral Imaging: Infinite Frontiers

Total cards: (49)

Agenda (10)
1 Accelerated Beta Test
3 Project Vitruvius
3 Efficiency Committee
3 NAPD Contract

Operation (27)
3 Archived Memories
3 Biotic Labor
3 Blue Level Clearance
3 Reclamation Order
3 Hedge Fund
3 Restructure
2 Subliminal Messaging
2 Scorched Earth ■■■■ ■■■■
2 SEA Source ■■ ■■
3 Shipment from SanSan ■ ■ ■

ICE (12)
3 Eli 1.0
1 Heimdall 2.0
3 Viktor 2.0
1 Quandary
2 Ichi 1.0
2 Ichi 2.0

Over the course of the tournament I played a total of 7 games with this deck, and won 6 of them - all by flatline! Cought two runners by surprise, the third accessed Scorch from R&D on his fourth click while having a tag and three cards in hand (I wanted to write "You should've seen his face!" but in truth he didn't even flinch, took it like a nordic man). The others have seen it coming, kept four cards in hand at all times -or- installed a Plascrete, then felt safe and were burned to death thanks to the aid of Biotic Labor and Archived Memories. The one guy who actually kept four cards -and- a Plascrete still got burned: SEA Source + 2x Biotic + 2x Scorch + Archived Memories + Scorch.
The guy I lost to in the top 8 was loading Kati every turn, then after I tried to bait him with a PANDa he unloaded her and installed a Carapace - I couldn't punch through that at the moment, so we continued to play the 'I'll buy your factories, Mr. Rockfeller' game until he installed the second Plascrete. At one point I was ready to outseasource + triple scorch him, but I was actually 1 credit short =_= So in the end we had like 3 minutes left and I started scoring aggressively, but a lucky hit on R&D with an Interface gave him two agendas, and that was it. Still, the deck is very strong and very interesting, and I feel like it can win regularly even if everybody knows what you're up to. Thanks PeekaySK!

As for my runner deck, it's the same Kate build that I used to win the Store Championship in Moscow, with some tweaks like swapping 1x Stimhack for 1x Vamp (which proved to be completely irrelevant over the course of the tournament), and playing 2x Atman (which turned out to be great!). Here's the decklist:

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker

3 Diesel
3 Quality Time
3 Indexing
3 Test Run
3 Scavenge
1 Escher
1 Levy AR Lab Access
2 Account Siphon ■■■■ ■■■■
2 Stimhack ■ ■
1 Vamp ■■

3 Akamatsu Mem Chip
3 Clone Chip
2 R&D Interface
1 The Toolbox
2 Plascrete Carapace

2 Atman
1 Sharpshooter
1 ZU.13 Key Master
1 Corroder ■■
1 Femme Fatale ■

1 Magnum Opus
3 Self-modifying Code

3 Same Old Thing

I feel like it's a strong deck but I still don't really know how to pilot it correctly. Out of 7 games I played as runner, I lost 2 - once to NBN because I was setting up too long, and once to HB Glacier because I was too aggressive and ran out of steam (a Russian tried to invade Finland and froze to death).

So in the end I finished 4th - just enough to get the plastic ID! I remember when the Regionals kit was first announced on the FFG website, everybody were like 'I get Andromeda, but why the hell Cerebral Imaging?? Nobody plays that kitchen crap at tournaments!' Oh how the tables have turned, you Weyland-lovers, now I Scorch better than you do

So, once again, thanks to the Finnish guys for being friendly and awesome, and thanks to Arno in particular for hosting such a great event!

P.S. Top 8 was: 7x Shapers, 1x Gabe, 4x HB: EtF, and one each of Cerebral Imaging, Making News, TWIY* and GRNDL. Overall winrate: 60% for corps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
No andy in top8 - Finnish meta should be bulshit. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
No Whizzard or Jinteki either, so no, it's okay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.