3 Posts

BANG!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who won this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bridges
United States
flag msg tools
Aha! I've been looking for months for some forum where I could ask this question. We had an odd outcome in a family game a while back. Picture four surviving players, and label them South, West, North and East. S is the Sheriff; N is the Renegade; W and E are outlaws. Here's the sequence at the end of the game:

1) West (an Outlaw) is eliminated.
2) High Noon: Ghost Town.
3) West comes back and eliminates N (the Renegade), then dies at the end of his turn.
4) N (the Renegade) comes back as a ghost and eliminates E (the remaining Outlaw); then eliminates S (the Sheriff).

So who won the game?

a) The Renegade won: He eliminated the Sheriff last.

b) The Sheriff won: He was the last LIVING player. (The Renegade was, after all, a Ghost.)

c) The Outlaws won: The Sheriff was killed and the Renegade was not (in the words of the rules) "the only one alive".

Any thoughts? Feel free to email me on my Gmail account at robhbridges, or to post your answers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Paradis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
a) The Renegade won.

The High Noon FAQ explicitly specifies:

Quote:
As the text on the card states, each “ghost” is in play until the end of his turn: if the game ends during his turn,
he is considered to be in play for victory purposes. So, if the ghost was an Outlaw or a Deputy, Outlaws win because at least another player (the ghost himself) different from the Renegade is in play. If the ghost was the Renegade, he wins if after killing the Sheriff there are no other players alive, otherwise Outlaws win.

Edit: The dvgiochi.net site isn't stable. Here's a cached version of the same FAQ: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:go9uewu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost is considered alive during his turn.
Renegade won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.