Subject: 16.52 Return for Refit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
16.51 mentions this: "Units may Redeploy out of battle hexes if at least one friendly unit remains behind."

Going through section 16.52, there is no such similar restriction; furthermore, it explicitly states that it's not Redeployment: "Instead of Redeploying to Base, undisrupted units can Return for Refit"

Can units completely leave the hex while using the "Return for Refit"? The rules seem to indicate they can.

(Edit: title)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bignickel wrote:
The rules seem to indicate they can.

I don't think that's the intent of the rules. I think the "instead of Redeploying to Base" bit is indicating that this is an alternate way to get your guys home, and that it's still subject to the limitations of redeploying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Your reasoning is the same as my opponent. That's the way we played it (and to be honest, leaving the unit in there and forcing him to waste time killing that puny 2 pip max unit was the best thing to do)

Would like to get a definitive answer though; surprised this hasn't come up yet. May have to write to Columbia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got reply from Craig:
"No. Refit is a subset of Redeployment."

Thanks, Craig!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.