Cave Evil» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How to necrowin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers all yo Necromancers!
..as the time and play-count passes by, there might be some 'populus' wisdom among all of us to be shared..

Quoting Mr. Enrico's nail-hitting comment on CE: "it's beyond calculations" - the mantra I must think of quite a lot when it comes to CE (or ER), my "question" is not which combos do you prefer the best or what are obvious advices like "don't get your Necromancer close to the pits" and such; rather I'd like to 'know' what are your overall strategies-playstyles-approaches to this special game..

The thing is (it's quite obvious that this kinda sandbox game just supports players' creativity sorts of and knowing all the complex decks is of an importance and the 'intuition' rules, I believe) I've witnessed various play-styles, some of them were pretty aggressive - 'head-run' towards win-or-loose chance, others were like waiting for the ultimate combos, excavating towards/outwards others positions..
..for me, somehow I still prefer rather more conservative strategy (build some solid defence, gain some resources at first, have some strong squad to threat others, have some spares to block/postpone some instant threats of others, gain as many trinkets as possible and get wisely prepared for the awakened evil scenario..) yet all of that brought me the only one win so far (no complains here, its atmo and stories rewards me better than a victory)... so it may not be the best one after all heh, opponents were smarter and luckier I guess..

So, what your experiences, thoughts or analyses are? What type of Necromancer are you? Do you adjust your palystyle to the specific Necromancer special power and if so, in which way? (I know it's all situational but..yet I hope you feel me..)

(All hail to CE!devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never have a plan for playstyle until I see what kind of screwed-up hand I've drawn. There's generally a nice little moment where everyone's looking at what they've got there at the beginning . . . and that's when I usually come up with Plan #1.

Then . . . there's Plan #2 . . . which usually happens after whatever endgame Evil awakens at the halfway point. Normally, right then and there, my plan morphs into #2.

I usually play very aggressively, though--and take great chances, even with my Necromancer squad. It's rare that I can stand laying back for too awful long before, at the very least, running him out a bit, just to invoke more stuff into areas where they can get the best access, have better excavation potential or run hail mary into the thick of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apply pressure to the center..hopefully get a good digging squad up and running... hold defensive spells in hand ,at the ready , against other spell caster's. .keep your kill points above the others...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You pretty much have to be able to dig, otherwise you lose. Start digging very early, summon creatures with dig in the first turn if possible.

You will win on the backs of your necro-demonic labor as they wage war with shovels, not knives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.