Subject: trebuchets?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J-o Jankowski
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought that the rules were a bit vague in this department of the expansion. But, from my interpretation, if the free peoples player has suppiority he gets a +1, meaning he hits on 4, 5, and 6?? That is how we have been playing it and it seems to make the free peoples player rediculously powerful. I had to use 4 armies of 10 with nazgual and the witchking the other night to defeat an army in minus tirith. Now, a portion of that is due to the rolling. But, the 50 percent chance to hit for the free peoples just seems way out of control. So my question is, am i playing this correctly??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. However...

1) The bonus only applies to the combat roll.

2) The bonus only applies if you have superiority. The Shadow can muster siege engines, too.

3) It's only a big deal if the stronghold is packed with many units. The Shadow can easily avoid well-defended strongholds and attack elsewhere, especially if the FP is spending several musters on trebuchets.

4) Deadly Strife doesn't care if if you're hitting on 2s. The Shadow will still get 4 hits that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.