Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to an interview I saw, Piña Pirata is part of a collection of games which also includes Ghooost! and The Dwarf King. The theme of the collection seems to be "Well-known card games with twists". (Or in the case of Ghooost!, "Well-known card game with minor rules tweaks".) I'm already enjoying The Dwarf King and am eagerly awaiting Piña Pirata. I have also ordered Ghooost! despite serious reservations.

These games are also packaged in nifty, small boxes with magnetic clasps and use nifty, tarot-sized cards.

I have a few questions for IELLO.

1. Does this collection have a name?
2. Are there any other released games in this collection?
3. Are there any future games planned for this collection?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Biblios part of that collection? Is has the magnetic box, but I'm not sure about card size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
1. Does this collection have a name?
No. We love card games, and we really loved Bruno's idea for The Dwarf King - as you put it, a well-known game with twists. Really simple to learn (because actually, everyone already knows how to play), but with a lot of fun and variety. When Richard told us about his game idea based on the Shithead card game, it was just obvious that there was a trend. I'm not sure if Donald showed us his "Zoo Break" prototype because he knew we were looking for this kind of games, but we couldn't have hoped for a better third game than what is now Piña Pirata (which is my favorite so far).
LastFootnote wrote:
2. Are there any other released games in this collection?
No, it's just the three for now. Biblios is in the same "collection" as Innovation, both being card games with a little more depth and a real learning curve.
LastFootnote wrote:
3. Are there any future games planned for this collection?
I can think of a couple of game ideas that will probably end up in this "collection" next year, some being new versions of existing games that we just love.
Maybe we actually do need a name for this collection...

Anyway, we're really glad you enjoyed The Dwarf King, and hope you'll equally love Ghooost! and Piña Pirata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthieu,

Thanks for the fast response! Glad to hear that there may be more games in this collection. I hope there are more games which have different rules/components for each play of the game, like the special cards and Quest tiles from Dwarf King and the Adventure tiles in Piña Pirata. For me, that kind of variety really makes a game more interesting.

I also hope the collection does get a name, so that they can be linked together under a single family here on BGG. That way if somebody likes one game, they can more easily find out about the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.