Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys just wondering what game you would get or expansions. Anything to avoid? Should I get just this the core set? Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing with about 8 people or less, I'd recommend One Night Ultimate Werewolf instead.

I also enjoy Ultimate Werewolf: Inquisition more than standard Werewolf, although it has a more 'board-gamey' less 'party-gamey' feel to it.

But yeah, if you are planning or really large groups, get Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition, and add Ultimate Werewolf Artifacts if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group is most often around 5 people. We try to keep it around this because most of the games I have are from 1-6 players if we go over that amount it gets very limited on what we can play.

What makes the one night version better for smaller groups?

Do you loose out on some of the complexity and depth since it only focuses on one night and plays so quickly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
One Night is significantly better at 5. Has way more depth and interesting things going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the one-night version is just a better, more fun game ... it just can't play up to the massive numbers regular werewolf can.

It doesn't feel any less 'deep' or complex.. I actually find it more interesting. It also has the advantage that it's so short you can play it several times in the time it takes to play 1 regular werewolf, and there is no player elimination, were someone killed in the first night just sits and waits for everyone else to finish playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the option for the for the one-night Android app.. that looks and sounds really cool.

Just kinda liked all the different rolls that came with the other edition.
Seemed like it would add more depth and replay to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
sasigns wrote:
I really like the option for the for the one-night Android app.. that looks and sounds really cool.

Just kinda liked all the different rolls that came with the other edition.
Seemed like it would add more depth and replay to the game.
The problem is, most roles make very little sense to use at 5p. Werewolf is really a "Best with 11" game for me.

You also should check out The Resistance: Avalon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Yasi
United States
Tewksbury
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I love Werewolf, you really do need at least 9 people IMO to have a good game. I've played with 5 a couple of times and it's just not a great experience because the game's over too quickly and there aren't a lot of good setup possibilities.

With 5, I second the nomination of The Resistance or The Resistance: Avalon depending on your theme preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.