Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4799

The last corner! I've gotta say, I think this will be a pretty awesome expansion for Talisman fans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invictus5000 wrote:
The last corner!

Next up, Talisman goes Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit, more boards upwards cool .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Invictus5000 wrote:
The last corner!

Next up, Talisman goes Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit, more boards upwards cool .

...well it wouldn't exactly be unprecedented...

And, don't forget! There's still a little real estate between the corner boards! Maybe some little mini three-square expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pfft, that tower looks far too stable, who's gonna ever so slightly brush against it and cause all the figures to topple over ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Keef
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
27 WOODLAND EXPANSION COMPONENTS

PATH CARD
1 RUNEBOUND PATH

DESTINY CARD
1 THE DREADED (DF)
1 THE VAGABOND (DF)
1 THE WISE (LF)

ENEMY - ANIMAL CARDS
1 BLACK UNICORN - C7
1 TOTEM BEAR - C3 - E3

ENEMY - FAE CARDS
1 BREEZE SYLPH - S2 - E2
1 SIDHE - C4 - E3

STRANGER CARDS
1 TOAD KING - E4

MAGIC OBJECT CARDS
1 SWORD OF DESTINY (W)

1 WOODLAND REGION BOARD
1 WOODLAND RULEBOOK
1 WANDERLUST ALTERNATE ENDING

1 MAP TOKEN
1 SPIDER TOKEN
1 MASK TOKEN
1 SPIDER WEB TOKEN

1 ARCHER DUDE CHARACTER CARD
1 ARCHER DUDE FIGURE
1 SOME GIRL CHARACTER CARD
1 SOME GIRL FIGURE
1 TOTEM WARRIOR CHARACTER CARD
1 TOTEM WARRIOR FIGURE
1 TREE DUDE CHARACTER CARD
1 TREE DUDE FIGURE
1 WITCH DOCTOR CHARACTER CARD
1 WITCH DOCTOR FIGURE

Woo Hoo! New Corner! Here is what I gathered from the post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
who is the female hero ?Looks like a kind of nature spellcaster...
i can't guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is nothing - I've heard they're planning an expansion that will be large enough for the player to physically enter. Instead of cards, each "space" will contain actual bears and dragons which you will fight not by rolling dice but by playing contract bridge with the actual creature (craft) or by subduing it via Greco roman wrestling (strength). Plus, the tavern will have an actual drunk farmer.

Coming in 2016!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:
This is nothing - I've heard they're planning an expansion that will be large enough for the player to physically enter. Instead of cards, each "space" will contain actual bears and dragons which you will fight not by rolling dice but by playing contract bridge with the actual creature (craft) or by subduing it via Greco roman wrestling (strength). Plus, the tavern will have an actual drunk farmer.

Coming in 2016!!

Buying this (but only for the farmer, I don't care about the rest of the expansion).

But seriously, great news! I'm really happy to see that they actually managed to complete all four corners. Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:

Coming in 2016!!

I had heard this rumour too. Unfortunately, it had to be abandoned as the play-testers never made it out alive!

surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adjogi wrote:
Magnus Maximus wrote:

Coming in 2016!!

I had heard this rumour too. Unfortunately, it had to be abandoned as the play-testers never made it out alive!

:surprise:

The best part is, FFG has excellent customer service, so if your copy has a missing or damaged farmer, they will promptly send you a replacement farmer (with strength 3.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:
adjogi wrote:
Magnus Maximus wrote:

Coming in 2016!!

surprise

The best part is, FFG has excellent customer service, so if your copy has a missing or damaged farmer, they will promptly send you a replacement farmer (with strength 3.)

Minus his head, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woodlands is excellent news!

I WOULD like to see a Dragon's Tower type of expansion for the center though just like 3rd ed.

Give it 4-5 levels though and perhaps 20 spaces to get thru on your way to the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
And thus the prophecy of the fourth corner is fulfilled!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The next expansion after this should include a fancy box with a proper insert to hold everything in place, including the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adjogi wrote:
Magnus Maximus wrote:

Coming in 2016!!

surprise

That's what happens when you dice with Death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well, I was hoping for a seagoing expansion with sea serpents, pirates and such. Anyway, surely this will be cool too. And it's good news they finally rounded up the game, can we say now this is the largest Talisman edition ever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the next expansion should be a box with previous minis with correct size (same as the base game) i hope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
can we say now this is the largest Talisman edition ever?

It was the largest quite awhile ago.

1st/2nd edition expansions: 6

3rd edition expansions: 3 or 4 (Wikipedia names the Wizard tower as an expansion, but says there are only 3, yet lists 3 others besides the Wizard Tower)

4th edition: 9 or 10 (Nether realm would be the 10th, but its a PoD)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Street
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated Toad King Character Card:

https://app.box.com/s/33bqshg22ss4r0ob67tm

The Toad King now rewards you if you are a Toad, following the same idea of the Toad King Stranger in the Woodland Expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news is that this looks like it allows for more fate replenishment through Woodland cards and the resulting Destiny.

Trying to figure out the path through the board - guessing it's an S like the Dungeon and Highlands.

If I'm reading it right - Sidhe Fae Enemy is brutal though if you're Darkbound and lose - 'Killed'. You're out of the game? Whaaaaaaa? Lucky it's only Craft 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
the next expansion should be a box with previous minis with correct size (same as the base game) i hope

This + a nerfed version of broken characters and items (Alchemist, Sword of Truth, Flail, Scribe/Spellbook...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invictus5000 wrote:

And, don't forget! There's still a little real estate between the corner boards! Maybe some little mini three-square expansions?

Or just go separate board altogether...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:

3rd edition expansions: 3 or 4 (Wikipedia names the Wizard tower as an expansion, but says there are only 3, yet lists 3 others besides the Wizard Tower)

It was 3. The first 2 each came with 2 corners. The last/third was the Dragon King's tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad this is coming out. The board looks so wrong without all 4 corners there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. So my final request is a catacombs board that you sit on the floor under the table...(or you can build a nifty board raiser as a custom project...for those that like to play on the floor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.