Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on making an odd set of custom cards for Legendary. Rather than existing Marvel characters, these are based on some of our characters from an old Marvel RPG that we played. Unfortunately, I can't really test them much in advance as I'd like to make the cards via Artscow or something and have them be a surprise. So I hoped I could get some feedback and opinions on balance and playability of the cards. Are there any of cards that seem much too strong or weak for their cost? Cards you'd never pick or always pick?

Character 1

Common - Cost (4)
Strength
Versatile 2
When you play this card, choose either a color or team; this card counts as that color or team in addition to its normal traits.

Common - Cost (4)
Ranged
Fighting +2
(Strength) Fighting +2

Uncommon - Cost (5)
Tech
2 Stars
(Tech)(Tech) Versatile 4

Rare - Cost (8)
Gain 3 Fighting for each color of hero you have.

Character 2

Common - Cost (2)
Instinct
Fighting 1
You may discard a card to draw a card and gain +1 Fighting.

Common - Cost (4)
Covert
1 Star
Draw a Card
(Cover): You may cancel one fight effect on a villain until the end of the turn.

Uncommon - Cost (6)
Energy
2 Stars
(Covert) You may KO a card from your hand or discard pile.
Focus: 2 Star -> 1 Fighting

Rare - Cost (7)
Strength
Fighting 4
If you KO'd any of your cards this turn, gain +6 Fighting.

Character 3

Common - Cost (2)
Instinct
+1 Fighting
You may gain a Wound to gain +2 Fighting

Common - Cost (3)
Strength
KO a card from your hand to gain +2 Fighting.

Uncommon - Cost (6)
Instinct
+3 Stars
KO exactly two Wounds from your hand and/or discard pile: +3 Fighting

Rare - Cost (6)
Covert
Versatile 2
KO all the wounds in your hand or discard pile, then draw 1 card for each card you KO'd.
At the end of your turn, gain a Wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
It's hard to tell if these cards are good. Without a name or who they are, how can we tell if they are accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
It's hard to tell if these cards are good. Without a name or who they are, how can we tell if they are accurate.

They are characters from our Marvel RPG that we made up, with card names that are mostly in-jokes or references to things that happened during a long RPG. Thus I deliberately left them off. "Hey, Sandwiches!" means a lot to us from the game, but is gibberish to anyone else.

I'm just looking for mechanical evaluation - is the card worth it/too good?

I suppose I could put in general descriptions of what the card is supposed to represent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.