Carlos Michan
Spain
Jerez de la Frontera
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
After reading your feedback, we have introduced some changes into the rules to improve the overall gameplay.

General:

The initial units have been changed from 3 peasants to: 3 peasants, 1 knight and 1 ranger.

The following rule has been removed from the game: "At the end of the game roll a die for every 'X' that you have. Each result of 6 gives you 1 Victory point".

Now instead of rolling a die you will receive 1 aditional point.

For example if a player has a castle and 4 peasants at the end of the game. Instead of throwing 4 dices, he will win 4 aditional victory points.

The duration of the game has been reduced from 15 to 12 turns.

In addition, in the 11th turn the bid will be number 4 and in the 12th turn the bid will be number 5.

Buildings:

The amounts of points that the temple, the mill, the forge and the market gives have been increased from 1 to 5 points.

The amount of points that the castle gives has been increased from 3 to 15 points.

I hope you like these changes, waiting for your feedback.

Greetings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
The changes look good at first glance. I think I'll try my hand at making a reference sheet or something of the short when I get the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks - does this update these?

http://www.lostgames.eu/media/castle_rising_english.pdf

Or were there intermediate changes?

Any plans for distribution outside of Kickstarter?

Will you be at UK Games Expo, for example?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Michan
Spain
Jerez de la Frontera
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Hi Jonathan

First of all I apologize for the delay in the answer.

Those rules update the old ones.

We have been busy working in our new game The Orcfather, after it release, I want to work on an expansion of Castle Rising to improve the game.

It was my first game and with the feedback of the people we have a lot of interesting ideas to improve the game.

We are not going to distribute this version of the game because we edited just a few copies of the game. We plan to offer the last copies we have in The Orcfather kickstarter campaign.

Thank you for your comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.