Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DISK QUESTIONS:

IIRC, a disk with an ability worded "When this disk engages an enemy, ...", triggers its ability once FOR EACH disk it pins/engages, right?

Example A: Archaon flips and pins(engages) 2 enemy disks.
Now his ability triggers TWICE, and each enemy within short range (including both pinned disks) get 2 arcane damage.
Correct?

Example B: Orc Big Boss flips and pins(engages) 2 enemy disks.
Now his ability triggers TWICE, and up to 4 activation tokens can be taken from "Boyz" disks within medium range.
Correct?

DEPLOYMEMT ZONE QUESTION:

Do the abilities of deployment zone cards stay in effect throughout the game, or only during the deployment step?
Can enemy disks get the benefit of my deployment zone abilities?

Example: One of my deployment cards is "Screen" (this zone gains cover).

Now, is this cover in effect throughout the game?

What happens when an enemy disk overlaps my "Screen" deployment zone; does the enemy disk gets cover from it?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aradraug
Czech Republic
Novy Jicin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I would say no. The condition triggers when engaging, no matter how mouch disk you engage. Otherwise the ability would be "For each engaged disk..."

2) Through the entire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
You are correct about the unit abilities.

For the deployment zone abilities, just note the distinction between deployment and reinforcement: When it says up to 3 units may be deployed at long range, that would be a start of game thing, as you only deploy at start of game the rest of the time you reinforce. Same deal for up to two units deployed here gain scout. On the other hand, things like the screen remain all game.

When a deployment zone gains cover, I'd assume that it works like any terrain with cover and provides shielding to friend and foe alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know example A is true. I haven thought about example B before but it seems it would also be true and the new FAQ also seems to back that up. For deployment zones, yes I would think any disk in that zone would gain cover, just like it was a rectangle shaped piece of terrain with cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
The answer is yes to the question about engaging. It has been confirmed by FFG at least once in the case of Archaon, and I have to assume it also applies to the Big Boss

The answer to the deployment zone question is also affirmative, as it is simply not contradicted by anything in the rulebook. However, it seems that reinforcing does not count as deploying, so currently the only deployment zone abilities that have continuous impact during the game are Screen, Rendezvous and Skirmish. Not sure if they apply to all players' units, I would assume not, but I don't think there has been an official ruling yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the faq they clearly state that the first question is a yes. They explicitly say that if they wanted it to be only once it would say "If this unit engages 1 or more units, then ...."

As for the second...of course. The deployment zone stays for the whole game. It is important since you can deploy and is needed for some victory conditions. Besides, what would be the use of cover only when deploying units? No one can attack at that point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received the official answers from FFG:

Quote:
Fred,

Thanks for the questions.

1. Yes, it triggers once for each disk it engages. So both Archaon and the Big Boss use their abilities twice.

2. Yes, the deployment zone abilities stay active for the entire game, as necessary. Your opponent's disks would gain cover.

Hope that helps,

--
Lukas Litzsinger
Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.