Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
grissomspacesuit wrote:
So I've seen this kind of Runner deck mentioned every so often, and I'm curious about how they usually work. Does anyone here have example decks, or can provide a brief explanation? What are some 'staple' cards for this kind of deck?

Account Siphon, Vamp and Plascrete Carapace.

Account Siphon and Vamp have powerful effects (that work well together!) - that come with the tradeoff of being tagged.

The primary disadvantages of being tagged are:

- trashing resources, so you don't play with any - other than possibly Same Old Thing (to play your siphons and vamps again!)

- scorched earth, so you play plascrete

Thats pretty much the summary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tag Me is pretty much that. "Come Tag Me Bro", to put it bluntly, you don't give a damn about how many tags you take. Yes, the Corporation can Closed Accounts you, but you have ways to make money in case that happens. Scorched Earth? You run plascretes.

I've been running this up until recently: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1008864/the-deck

I wouldn't necessarily say that it is a "Tag Me" archetype, but it certainly can be played that way and I have played it that way pretty much every time.

Bank Jobs only hit the table in the same turn when they are played.
Same for Same Old Thing, if I am going into "Tag Me" mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bobberson
msg tools
Don't forget Whizzard with Account Siphons, Fall Guys, Data leak Reversals, Josh.B, and John Masanori. And Plascrete of course. Siphon the runner, drop all your cheap resources, and make the corp spend all their clicks and credits trashing them, if they even can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artifice Knight
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Tag-Me runs primarily with the idea that tags cannot hurt you by themselves. All a tag does is let the corp pay 2 creds and a click to destroy a resource. So, the key to running with only tags to worry about is not include many resources.

Of course, most tag decks do so with the intent to follow up with other measures-scorched earth, closed accounts, freelancer. Freelancer obviously loses impact when you don't have resources. Worried about Closed accounts? Run with a cheap rig where you don't need a lot of credits. Scorched Earth? Plascrete can go a long way to helping make sure you push through it.

Many Tag-Me's tend to be Anarch, so, an example...

Not Hiding Any More

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter

Event (15)

2 Account Siphon ••••• •••
3 Deja Vu
2 Dirty Laundry
2 Emergency Shutdown ••••
1 Special Order ••
3 Sure Gamble
2 Vamp

Hardware (3)

3 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (12)

3 Armitage Codebusting
3 Data Leak Reversal
3 John Masanori
3 Joshua B.

Icebreaker (6)
1 Corroder
1 Crypsis
3 Knight
1 Yog.0

Program (9)
2 Datasucker
2 Hemorrhage
2 Imp
3 Parasite

You'll notice a lot of the staples that give the Runner tags are present-Joshua B. for an extra click, Vamp and Account Siphon to drain the corp of creds (can't scorched earth without at least 3 credits!).

This deck is largely to try and deny the corp access to their key pieces. Hemorrhage can force them to discard combo elements from hand, and data leak reversal lets you take advantage of tags in order to mill the deck and get some cards there. Reina's ability adds more drain, meaning after you reduce a corp to zero creds they cannot raise any ice to stop you, even zero cost ice.

Any other questions? Things I left unclear about how a runner can simply not care about tags?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
kenobob wrote:
Don't forget Whizzard with Account Siphons, Fall Guys, Data leak Reversals, Josh.B, and John Masanori. And Plascrete of course. Siphon the runner, drop all your cheap resources, and make the corp spend all their clicks and credits trashing them, if they even can!

I'd be careful there - fall guy, DLR, Joshua aren't quite "tag me" cards. I mean - yes they tag you, but for the purposes of enabling themselves - and because they are resources - the corp can get rid of them.

When most people talk about "tag me" - its in the context of ignoring tags and gaining large efficiency by not spending resources clearing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.