Subject: Moving through friendly units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never played the Warhammer miniatures game but some other fantasy/historical miniatures games.

Usually you can't move freely through your own units; you either pay a movement penalty or the involved units get some cohesion penalty.

The old diskwars game even ruled that you must stop when pinning a friendly unit.
The idea behind it is, that you can't simply let e.g. cavalry charge through your own rank-and-file troops in front of the cavalry unit, because there simply is no room to pass through.

My variant would be:

If a disk pins one(or more) own units after a flip, it pays one additional movement factor.
Units which only have one movement factor can always flip once.

What do you think? Would this break the system?

Thanks!

Fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I always like that your units don't impair you. It feels like they actually trained together and are capable of coordination.

Riight now I'm imagining a River Troll throwing Grom the Paunch into the fray *_*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
Personally, this is one area where I prefer the design of the original diskwars, however I wouldn't want to play the new game the other way. Because of the way units are set up and deployed I'd rather not complicate the issue.

In a way, cavalry already can't just smash through their own lines as you do inflict impact damage to your own units so there is some incentive not to. This is specific to cavalry though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.