Android: Netrunner» Forums » News

Subject: New FFG Article - Disclosing the Chronos Protocol Results rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed what appears to be the first results from Chronos Protocol tournaments!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4800

Some details:
- It looks like a varied set of winning factions.
- Jinteki is beating Haas-Bioroid in the Chronos Protocol vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every event had a different Runner ID win. 1 each for Andy, Kate, Kit, Whizzard (!), and Noise (!!!). Also worth mentioning is that every runner except Exile and Professor nabbed at least one top 8 spot.

Also, check out that TWIY deck with NO SANSANS and a RESTRUCTURED DATAPOOL. Rock on, Netherlands!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to hear Jinteki is ahead. That could actually change things up a little for Jinteki, and make pro-active Neural EMP (+ recursion) very useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Europe has the meta we need here in the states. Just not the one we deserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
The first Chronos Protocol is not from Germany, but actually from Denmark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adriaan
Netherlands
Zeist
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekkactus wrote:
Every event had a different Runner ID win. 1 each for Andy, Kate, Kit, Whizzard (!), and Noise (!!!). Also worth mentioning is that every runner except Exile and Professor nabbed at least one top 8 spot.

Also, check out that TWIY deck with NO SANSANS and a RESTRUCTURED DATAPOOL. Rock on, Netherlands!

I got really confused when I accessed that Datapool, really awesome deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
Tekkactus wrote:

Go Noise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Pijas
msg tools
mb
Third place in Chronos Torun Poland with Exile and Jinteki RP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sirprim wrote:
The first Chronos Protocol is not from Germany, but actually from Denmark.

wans't the Paris one on early April ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tekkactus wrote:
Every event had a different Runner ID win. 1 each for Andy, Kate, Kit, Whizzard (!), and Noise (!!!).

I think they've picked certain events to highlight that fact - I won in Stoke playing Andy on the same day as the London one and didn't get a mention even with my Jackson-less corp deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silent Requiem
msg tools
captainraffi wrote:

This (the fact that the US meta and the European meta are wildly different) is something that I have noticed with other card games. I wonder if it has something to do with national boundaries and languages?

I know that here in the UK, for example, we have our own online (and offline) resources and dominant players and deck builders that you typically won't find on BGG or other major sites. We're fairly insular that way; if you ask someone if they've seen [insert recent BGG deck-type here], the response tends be one of vague recollection - this is just one resource of several.

I imagine that countries with non-English languages would be even more prone to develop internally rather than simply adopt the prevailing online meta.

Whatever the reason, I'm very grateful. Nobody here has any concerns that the game is stagnating, and our top-8's vary wildly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, Jinteki just got a delux. Give the the ID to HB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:

HB already HAD a deluxe. And besides, it's going to be a long, long time before we see either card anyway (still no sign of Laramy Fisk).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Silent Requiem wrote:
captainraffi wrote:

This (the fact that the US meta and the European meta are wildly different) is something that I have noticed with other card games. I wonder if it has something to do with national boundaries and languages?

It's our sexually repressed nature that comes from our nations founding by puritans that leads to our single-minded deck building. Europeans are much more adventurous (or so I hear).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
kroen wrote:

The HB one is swingy and random, the Jinteki one adds an additional decision to reward skill. The factions that get them are irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:
kroen wrote:

The HB one is swingy and random, the Jinteki one adds an additional decision to reward skill. The factions that get them are irrelevant.

I prevaricated over this. HB is swingy and random, you're right, but the Jinteki one I think could also be really unfun to play against (especially now that House of Knives exists). Jinteki could be competitive, while HB seems unlikely to be competitive. So I was inclined to go for HB as it'd make a fun casual ID, while the Jinteki version really isn't something I want sucking the fun out of tourneys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.