Casey Alcoser
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
I am a very big fan of Legacy, and I've enjoyed it's clever game play elements alongside its beautiful artwork. Building a quirky family and investing in their stories is always a fun time. However, I began to think about another quirky family that I've wanted to be a part of for a very long time - the Addams family.

If you're not familiar with the Addams family, shame on you. The Addams family is the antithesis of the American nuclear family, created by cartoonist Charles Addams, drawn in single-panel comics from 1938 to 1988. In essence, the Addams family is a wealthy line of eccentric people who have a passion for the macabre and other such things that most people are frightened of. They are not aware that others find their preferences disturbing, and much of the humor derives from them joyously and blithely entertaining (i.e. frightening, which for them is much the same thing) any normal people they encounter.

The Addams family is suggested to be very large. Over its many iterations in film, tv, cartoons, comics, and even a musical, the many relations of the Addams family will visit and bring their own special spin to the delightful oddity that is the Addams family manor.

See where I'm going with this?

I began to think of how amusing it would be to have an expansion, or perhaps even an entirely new face for this game, that employed Addams Family-esque characters. Players would compete to have the most notorious clan of charmingly creepy characters, where honor is not lost for marrying the odd fortune teller, but instead lost for marrying the smarmy white collar/bread politician.

Just a thought, really. I'm curious if anyone has had similar thoughts or expansions on this idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a gloom crossover?

seriously though, I could see a fan-made expansion of creepy friends, some of which score points from the miscarriages. (or is that too dark?)

There could also be 'skullduggery' actions to be taken, which might involve things like murder, grave robbery, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Alcoser
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
themanfromsaturn wrote:
Maybe a gloom crossover?

seriously though, I could see a fan-made expansion of creepy friends, some of which score points from the miscarriages. (or is that too dark?)

A little bit.

The murder angle I saw mentioned by someone who thought of a Game of Thrones-esque expansion. I don't know if I really put the Addams family into that sort of category, though its mentioned plenty of times in the series. Still, it would be something I'd like to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.