Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is my 9th anniversary, and my wife got me a game...

Opened the package up, and found The Manhattan Project. I was a bit surprised. My wife's not a gamer, but she's been with my long enough to know not to blindly purchasing games with cool covers.

It's not a game I would have picked myself, but definitely one I'm happy to add to the collection, and one I've been curious about and haven't played.

Only one problem... As I opened the box, I was trying to puzzle out the game through the bubble packs Amazon uses for shipping material. When I recognized Man...Pro... and exclaimed the name, my wife looked dismayed.

She'd ordered a game off my BGG want-in-trade list (which I use kind of like a wishlist), and Manhattan Project was not on it.

Turned out she'd ordered Venture Forth. Which I also would have been very happy to receive, but I'm honestly more excited about Manhattan Project.

The game was fulfilled by Amazon, so I guess whoever she bought it from mislabeled the boxes or something when he delivered it to Amazon. As an extra score, she paid $24 for Venture Forth, and Manhattan Project's around $40 on Amazon.

She did email the seller to let them know what happened, but that we were ok with the accidental switcheroo and it was not necessary to fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Was expecting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the amazon cheat code is "left, left, right, right, venture forth" to get a discount on the Manhattan Project?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
Was expecting

Damn! Beat me to it, J.! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theapostlegreen wrote:
j_holmes wrote:
Was expecting

Damn! Beat me to it, J.! ninja

You get points for actually photoshopping it, though.

P.S. Just played a two-player game of MP and it was really good. Definitely happy with this switch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Photoshop it to "collect 2 games" possibly even betterer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only have the one game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something similar happened to me a few years ago, though not with games. We'd ordered season 3 of the Angel dvds, but when they arrived it turned out that someone in the factory had taken the Angel season 3 box and filled it with the Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4 dvds (which I also like, but already had). Amazon sent us a new copy, but told us not to bother returning the original (they probably couldn't sell it anyway, without a box and already opened), so we sold it on a second hand website and wound up making back more than a third of the price we'd paid for the dvds we actually ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I order a ton of stuff through Amazon and this is my best story. I ordered about $200 worth of games from amazon through a seller that wasn't amazon. They took my money and it was about a month till they shipped it. I called and complained and amazon refunded my money, gave me a $100 amazon gift card and the seller still sent me my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leander Van Reeth
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Not a hungry hippo.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a cd once, also on Amazon. They sent me the vinyl instead, which cost 10x more. I complained, so they sent the item again (didn't have to send them the vinyl back). A few days later, another vinyl arrived. They just gave me back my money, I could keep the vinyl & found the actual cd on another webshop for an even lower price cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
myronborgan wrote:
I order a ton of stuff through Amazon and this is my best story. I ordered about $200 worth of games from amazon through a seller that wasn't amazon. They took my money and it was about a month till they shipped it. I called and complained and amazon refunded my money, gave me a $100 amazon gift card and the seller still sent me my games.

It's probably the 3rd party company who took the hit on that one. Admittedly a month is a long time to wait for shipping, but $200 is a pretty stiff fine to have to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McGlone
United States
Chillicothe
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Bring Back The Big Red Machine!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
On two occasions I have ordered a game from amazon, received the wrong game and got to keep both. Now I'm disappointed when I open the box and find what I actually ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.