Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

Quick question about purple tile #7, which lets you take an action of an adjacent tile or ruin. Does that include an adjacent purple temple? The drawing only shows an adjacent ruin, and blue and ivory temple but I wasn't sure if that was meant to be a literal depiction of the rule.

Thanks! Looking forward to my first play this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the setup rules, you shouldn't have a temple adjacent to another temple of the same color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I don't think that is specifically stipulated tho. I see for the First Game Setup, the temples do end up all separated out, but as you go on to the Random Game Setup, it specifically states you can play "with no restrictions on Temple placement".

So it does seem like it could happen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. I was thinking of the standard setup, which implies the temples should be more or less evenly spaced. But to answer your question, I see no reason for a restriction regarding other purple temples. Either the original intention was to have them apart, or it was simply a graphic design decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're right. There isn't anything specifically prohibiting it in the written rules, and they probably just drew it that way to avoid cluttering the tile.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.