Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
http://chrisbogert.wixsite.com/chaturanga-family
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I was wonder if there are solo rules or some that could be made? I found this game today on the Yellow Submarine online shop.

Most of the time I would be playing solo, so if someone has thought up some solo rules, or the maker has any ideas for solo rules, I would be interested in buying the game.
Thanks
Chris

*Edit

So I had a few thoughts for solo play.
Make a turn limit, use something as a countdown..
Probably the tile stack would be the best countdown stack.
For example each turn dicard one tile from the top of the stack.
Also when you play a tile you must discard an extra tile from the top of the stack.

Still thinking, I'll have to test it out now. Will edit the post later with updates to the idea.

Anyone with ideas please post them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
http://chrisbogert.wixsite.com/chaturanga-family
mbmbmbmbmb
I busted out the game again for a solo playthough since the typhoon hit today and work was cancelled. (and my wife doesn't want to play..)

I played using 10 randomly drawn monsters.
Play goes like normal after that except you can destroy as many monsters on a turn as you like.
Also after each turn you must discard on of the knight tiles.

I ended up losing with only 2 monsters left, but had used up all the spaces to kill monsters. I would have had to create two more rows to kill the last two monsters. With a better draw of gears and knights I might have been able to do it.

After playing I think 8 monsters is more doable. 10 monsters might be doable, but tough. If you end up discarding some of the stronger knights you might be screwed.

It was a fun playthough, fairly light game all in all, but quite enjoyable I think... too bad it is not very well known. There are english rules and all the tiles are language independent using only symbols.

I'll have to play again with my friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.