Popular Tags: [View All]
Stanley A Wilkins Jr MD
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Dr. Bubba
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing first game with 7 guys... 4 Imperial 3 Rebel..total points 120-130 each side. Since both sides can choose from certain upgrades/ modifications, How do most of you determine who chooses first and can he get everything he wants? If you go according to pilot ability, can the highest choose one, next in line choose another, and then "circle around" again till everyone is happy? Thanks(Also Is this in the rules somewhere?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I have never had to deal with it. Everyone I have played with has their own stuff. My best suggestion would be to use proxy cards so everyone can use what they want. Just print out copies of the cards people want. Not tournament legal, but fine for home play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, it says the Imperial player chooses upgrades first.

But in your case I recommend using Proxies or roll a die to determine which player gets to pick first or you can use a draft style. We've done that before where each player gets a hand of upgrades and chooses one and then passes the rest. When a player gets all the upgrades he is going to use, the leftover cards go to the remaining players. It goes around until everyone gets a what they need. It was a fun alternative to normal squad building. We picked upgrades first and then picked our ships based on what we got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Schmidt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally use http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build and when I print it out I choose "full" printing so the abilities of the cards show up with each ship. If I'm playing with several people I print each person out their "squad" so they can put it in front of them. As they use abilities we have a pen that we use to cross out the ability.

Saves time (and lots of space) compared to using the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley A Wilkins Jr MD
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Dr. Bubba
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks "Brain"..good idea. ..Go Russell Wilson !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcom Renolds

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:

Actually, it says the player with the LOWEST point total has initiative under "initiative when squad building". It goes on to say if players points are equal, then the Imperial player has it.

But this presents an issue because you're suppose to build your squad in 'secret' so if you have to fight over upgrade cards, it would let the other side know which upgrade(s) got picked, and they could then upgrade to defend against it.

The proxies seem to be the best bet really. I guess in toury play, everyone would bring their own sets anyway so it wouldnt be an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lyianx wrote:
kamekkusu wrote:

Actually, it says the player with the LOWEST point total has initiative under "initiative when squad building". It goes on to say if players points are equal, then the Imperial player has it.

Page 21, under Squad Building in Missions: "The Imperial player chooses first from the available Upgrade cards."

Yes, that rule is under the missions, so its applicability is for you to decide. Proxies or Jason's printout suggestion are better options IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.