Recommend
20 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Irish Freedom» Forums » General

Subject: publication scheduled rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, Irish Freedom is scheduled to be published later this year by White Dog Games.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer99 wrote:
Good news, Irish Freedom is scheduled to be published later this year by White Dog Games.


Awesome, a huge gratz from me.

Do you happen to know roughly when it'll be published?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell yeah!!!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they said either late summer or early fall. They may have also mentioned November as, from past experience, games at times seem to be published a bit past the target date. Dave Kershaw is an excellent designer, and I have been looking forward to Irish Freedom for some time now.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer99 wrote:
I believe they said either late summer or early fall. They may have also mentioned November as, from past experience, games at times seem to be published a bit past the target date. Dave Kershaw is an excellent designer, and I have been looking forward to Irish Freedom for some time now.


OK, thank you for the reply. I was considering it as a fitting prize for a competition that I hope to run during the 2014 Solitaire Print and Play Contest, but the release date unfortunately seems to late for that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just heard from Michael Kennedy of White Dog Games, and he said that Irish Freedom is currently on hold until they can clear the copyright of some of the images used in the game. Thought I'd pass it on. I am looking forward to its publication, as I'm sure you are too.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer99 wrote:
Just heard from Michael Kennedy of White Dog Games, and he said that Irish Freedom is currently on hold until they can clear the copyright of some of the images used in the game. Thought I'd pass it on. I am looking forward to its publication, as I'm sure you are too.


This is because the images for the p&p game were just scranned from the internet. A published game needs more copyright control! I've taken a trip to Dublin recently to get some decent pictures, and the final game will also feature 4 extra scenarios:

Hypothetical 1914 home rule enacted (British and Irish vs. Ulster)
1916 Easter rising
Hypothetical 1916 Easter rising where it wasn't called off
Hypothetical putsch by Eoin O'Duffy (2nd civil war)
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan garlick
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Any more news on this game and it being published for real?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I got distracted with the 2014 competition. Reconquista has jumped the queue. Plus the Ulster Museum's early 20th century exhibit has been closed for months - reopening soon.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adamson
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this! Please keep us posted about release date.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
jsnadamson wrote:
Looking forward to this! Please keep us posted about release date.


Yes please.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mtngrown wrote:
jsnadamson wrote:
Looking forward to this! Please keep us posted about release date.


Yes please.

I've really not had time. Hopefully I'd get it done in time for the 200th Anniversary of the 1916 easter rising.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan garlick
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Any news on this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
galaril wrote:
Any news on this?

Nope - Solitaire Caesar is first on the list.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irish not Kraut!
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I take it this game is on the back burner?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - still free P&P though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Halligan

Massachusetts
msg tools
Can't find rules anywhere. IFv4.pdf link doesn't exist.

Could someone help with this?

Thanks in advance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jakehalligan wrote:
Can't find rules anywhere. IFv4.pdf link doesn't exist.

Could someone help with this?

Thanks in advance


http://www.kerpob.com/games/IFv4.pdf - works fine. Just checked it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.