United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules as follows:
- Limited to 'generic' (non-unique) pilots/titles/upgrade cards/etc in all cases
- Cannot use any 'Rebel Only' or 'Imperial Only' pilots/titles/upgrade cards/etc
- Can use any Rebel ship except for the X-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, or E-Wing (rare enough only the Rebels have them...not in general circulation)
- Can also use the generic Imperial 'Bounty Hunter'

That basically puts you in the place of the pirates, privateers, and smugglers of the various PC/RPG games...Y-Wings, Z-95s, YT-1300s, HWK-290s, Firesprays...

What's the best list you could make with those restrictions?

I'm thinking something like...

Quote:
Bounty Hunter (38)
Firespray-31 (33), Gunner (5)

Grey Squadron Pilot (26)
Y-Wing (20), R2 Astromech (1), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (18)
Z-95 Headhunter (12), Assault Missiles (5), Munitions Failsafe (1)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (18)
Z-95 Headhunter (12), Assault Missiles (5), Munitions Failsafe (1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB Draft
New Zealand
flag msg tools
What about 4 Lambda Shuttles with a Z-95 riding shotgun as a caravan of space gypsies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 Bounty Hunters

Maybe a Z-95 missile swarm (6 ships), although that's probably inferior to what the Rebels can do by adding Cracken or Blount.

How about a Bounty Hunter with HWK-290/Ion Cannon Turret support?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know for sure, but i think X-wings were old enough to have a little wider circulation, though maybe be limited to one per squad for pirates.

on a similar note, i've been wanting to make a 'hawk-bat' squad using wedge in a tie, and mod the rest of the pilots into ties and interceptors. come up with some scenarios from the wraith squadron book. If i ever got a corvette, use that as the 'night caller'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid Hansen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I've thought about this myself and I get the feeling generic TIE fighters could be heaped together a trash salvage. X-wing plans were stolen for the Alliance by the defecting engineers making it, so they are rebel exclusive IMO. Y-wing, YT, Firespray, HWK, Headhunter are all fair game, and to even it out I would say TIE fighters as salvaged craft. Funny enough, that list has no 3 attack fighters, showing that the big guns really were military faction specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.