Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, as you already know, people
badge
Everything happens so much
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question - does this board fit in the original box ok? It's a pretty packed box as is, I'd perhaps not think so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the folded size will fit in the box, but if you still have the insert the box lid will not close properly. If you remove the insert then you can find a way to fit it in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have all of the expansions except for Realms. They are all in the base game box. Just ditch the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Oughton
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I have kept the insert in the box and the 6-player board still fits. The box lid closes just as much as it does with all my other DoW game boxes (i.e., it just shows a tiny bit of the bottom of the box). I had originally put some empty punch boards under the insert to make the insert and maps flush with the box-top; but once I added the 6-player map, I just took those back out and everything fit nicely. Maybe there have been inserts of different heights from separate print runs of the game? (FYI, I keep all other expansions (BNA, GD, Cursed, RB, homemade races) in separate BNA boxes, so they're not fighting for space in the main box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Collins
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, as you already know, people
badge
Everything happens so much
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your replies - sounds like I'll be getting rid of the insert sooner or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chucko wrote:
I have kept the insert in the box and the 6-player board still fits. The box lid closes just as much as it does with all my other DoW game boxes (i.e., it just shows a tiny bit of the bottom of the box). I had originally put some empty punch boards under the insert to make the insert and maps flush with the box-top; but once I added the 6-player map, I just took those back out and everything fit nicely. Maybe there have been inserts of different heights from separate print runs of the game? (FYI, I keep all other expansions (BNA, GD, Cursed, RB, homemade races) in separate BNA boxes, so they're not fighting for space in the main box).

This. I don't yet own the board, but I have seen multiple people use this method...just remove the punchboards that kept the game flush and use the map instead. Easy fix, and you can keep the nice insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.