Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Ra» Forums » Rules

Subject: When Invoking Ra voluntarily, do you add a Ra token from the bag to the Ra track? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Gilbert
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
[EOM]goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. No tiles are added for a voluntary auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However.. unlike an 'involuntary Ra', on a voluntary Ra.. someone HAS to purchase the tiles. So if no other player makes a bid, the person who called Ra WILL be making the purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And to be clear, two things you never do: go looking in the bag for a specific tile, put a tile back in the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So if no other player makes a bid, the person who called Ra WILL be making the purchase.

Yea...usually my wife with a damn 2 or something like that. angry

She really plays her low suns well by knowing when to call Ra. I'm way too cautious.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
Quote:
So if no other player makes a bid, the person who called Ra WILL be making the purchase.

Yea...usually my wife with a damn 2 or something like that. angry

She really plays her low suns well by knowing when to call Ra. I'm way too cautious.

Kevin

I LOVE having low suns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I LOVE having low suns

Yea...so does she.

I think it is a mental block I have about the game. It seems like this benign little family game with a neat "auction" mechanic, but underneath it is really a brutal trick-taking game of unsympathetic math.

You really need to be aggressive sometimes and push people around with your suns. I just get stuck on "higher is better" like more money is better in a auction. I'm wrong and get my face stomped in every game...especially 2p with my wife.

I absolutely love the game and think it is one of Dr. Knizia's best designs. I have a blast playing it even when I come in dead last.

But those low suns do me in.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really bad at having high suns, I get too greedy with them. But with low suns its fun to just beat people over the head.

It really is a nasty game when played that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
I'm really bad at having high suns, I get too greedy with them. But with low suns its fun to just beat people over the head.

It really is a nasty game when played that way.

Nasty of course meaning great.

High suns are always better than low - if you don't get a mental block because of it. I once saw someone with the 13-12-11 (four player game) completely crippled by that block. I'm sure I'm not that bad, but maybe I make a lesser version of that error, or maybe I don't. Hard to tell.

(I do know that sometimes I play a good game. And sometimes I just play as if I've hardly ever played before.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.