Hide
9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: A Red "Red Coats" build: Glacier in Replicating Perfection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bobberson
msg tools
Jinteki Replicating Perfection (49 Cards)

Agendas (9)
The Future Perfect x 3
Priority Requisition x 1
Nisei MK II x 3
Gila Hands Arcology x 2

Operations (13)
Hedge Fund x 3
Celebrity Gift x 3
Restructure x 3
Subliminal Messaging x 2
Closed Accounts x 2 **

Assets (3)
Jackson Howard x 3 ***

Upgrades (3)
Caprice Nisei x 3

Ice (21)
Barriers
Wall of Thorns x 2
Eli x 2 **

Sentries
Komainu x 2
Tsurgi x 2
Data Raven x 2 ** **
Pup x 2
Susanoo no Mikito x 1

Code Gates
Yagura x 2
Enigma x 2
Inazuma x 2
Tollbooth x 2 ** **

I’ve played this deck about 15 times on OCTGN since H&P came out. I consider myself a slightly above average player who plays primarily online, but I have won one 12-player store tournament in Philadelphia just after C&C was released. Although I’ve only lost one game with this deck so far, most of my opponents have been average OCTGN players, and a few were trying out unrefined new archetypes, namely Iain Sterling, and a little Silhouette. Still, it performed well, and felt as powerful as Haas Glacier decks.

I haven’t played many Anarchs since H&P, and I’m curious as to how this deck will work out vs. one of its weak spots: aggressive Parasiting. I did match up well against a strong player using Reina with a mix of heavy Caissa and Anarch breakers. They weren’t running parasites, but were able to use Bishop and Yog to blow through Inazuma and Tollbooths. Still, this deck’s taxing power was too much, as was the power of scored Nisei MK IIs.

It’s done well against Andromeda, though I haven’t played against many highly skilled, super aggressive Criminals. The only tough game I remember against a strong crim player was against an Iain deck whose pilot was smart enough to play like a regular *sshole criminal. He snatched a Priority Req early and thus never turned on his ability. I managed to stabilize, build a strong remote, and score. However, he made a late Keyhole run and put two agendas in Archives on his last click. This led to an interesting standoff where I had to fend off archives runs with Caprice and a makeshift Ice tower until I scored the last point. Had he been playing a decent Criminal ID, I very well may never had stabilized.

I played and lost to a strong player using the new Kate “control” build that’s become popular lately: Lucky Finds, Voicepads, and 1 Parasite with a full array of Clone Chips, Test Runs, and a Levy. They were able to creatively snipe agendas out of my remote using Femme and Deus X. Str 5 Atman is pretty strong against this build, and it allowed them to charge multiple Datasuckers to roll through a Susanoo on R&D pretty easily.

Here’s a breakdown of this deck’s choices:
Economy:
I’m taking a break from asset econ and going all operation. I’ve done the same in my Haas builds, except for Eve because she takes so much to trash. Sundews are made for Replicating Perfection, but I like to secure my centrals before building a remote. Even putting one Ice out there and slapping a Sundew in it seems too costly when I need mucho credits to secure HQ and R&D. Retructures have replaced Sundews as they give me my money up front, and Subliminals provide solid drip econ.

Agendas:
This is where this deck trumps Haas. The Future Perfect has been as good as expected. I rarely score it, choosing to just keep it in hand or shuffle it back into R&D when I can. I love NAPD in taxing builds, but Nisei MK II’ ability is at its strongest in Glacier decks. Gila Hands’ ability is also very useful, plus I need one pointers to round out the scoring.

Ice:
Jinteki can now be as taxing as HB with Komainu and Tsurgi in exchange for weakness to Parasites. Komainu is especially potent. Even with no flat line treat, the ability to deter early face checking is nice. Tsurgi still fills a role with its ETR subroutine, especially on remotes. Pup has pulled its weight both as an early central deterrent and as insult to injury while it’s nestled amongst giants in a big server. Susanoo has been okay, but it’s a Femme/Shutdown magnet, and it hurts when it’s neutralized (9 credits to rez is about as much as this deck can handle). Inazuma has proven itself, and the only problem with it is that it puts me in danger of activating Blade’s ability for the first time in ages.

Data Raven/Closed Accounts
This has been a successful experiment that I’ve tried in my Red Coats variants, and I’ve transferred it to this Glacier. Closed Accounts can allow you to leave Aggro runners clicking for credits if you can withstand their initial assault, and Data Raven is a great taxer if the runner tries to remain untagged. It’s especially good on remotes.

Caprice plays the role of Ash in this deck, and surprisingly, I sometimes longed for the straightforward nature of Ash over the gamble of Caprice. Still, Caprice blocks/deters Siphons, and she can give you hope in the face of a full rig Shaper with a mountain of credits. Ash could be imported easily though by cutting the Ravens and the Closed Accounts. That’s a variant I still have to test.

Lastly, Replicating Perfection’s ability has seemed useful, but I’m not sure if it’s an illusion. I need to try swapping it out for Personal Evolution to see if the net damage pings make a difference, and to make Komainu scarier. I also could try the Nisei Division; my estimate would be that it would earn me about 4-5 credits per game. If I run Nisei, then I would feel obligated to try Snowflakes, but I’m not sure what Ice they would replace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ber -
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What about switching to Tennin Institute and fit in a couple of Trick of Light? Tennin seems to me like the best Jinteki identity to build a fortress with. And you're already running virtually no assets, looks like you'd build only a single remote, perfect for Tennin.

A couple of advancements ready on an ice + the runner not making a successful run last turn is enough to score a 5/3 off the table from installed unadvanced! Or a 4/2 can be scored from un-advanced with no successful run. Or a 3/1 can be scored from hand with trick of light + those free advancements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Purple 'Red Coats' don't play Biotic Labor these days, and you suggest adding fast advance elements into a deck with no 3/2s
Nah, glacier builds are honest, they don't use dirty FA tricks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
Using Replicating Perfection with no asset economy is a tragic waste. Your ability is to force the runner to waste clicks and money killing your sundews, melanges, Alix, GRNDL refineries, private contracts, mental health clinics, PAD campaigns, adonises, eves, or marked accounts. As you can see from that list, you have lots of good options to choose from, and many don't even need protection. You're playing with big ice, so you may need operation economy as well, but sundews are basically an automatic 3x in RP, IMO.

I wouldn't bother with yagura and enigma in the same deck. You're asking to be eaten by yog. I'd replace all 4 with a few datapike. Only rez them if you'll actually steal their money or if they're playing a non-yog breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Ruman
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks for posting the deck, very interesting. When looking at card list the thought of putting Ash into it also came to mind. Definitely want to try this out but will probably drop the data-ravens, closed accounts in favour of Ash(es)/Sundews (still so good in RP). How are you finding Susanoo, he either seems finicky with timing (need him late enough to have a quasi-nasty achive ice) or just overpriced for end-the-run (although 7 is pretty big). I'll probably also collapse the 2 Gila's into some 2-pter (NAPD?) that will free up a card slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a alternate build without Data Ravens (I consider Ash to be a very strong splash since he works so well together with Caprice).
Atman based Shapers is a bad match-up though, with normal Redcoats you can have some high-strength ICE but in RP you only have Susanoo-No-Mikoto. Also as you said multiple Parasites can be really annoying.
The agenda composition probably needs some tweeks, probably by dropping the Interns and adding a couple of one-pointers. In general I like a high agenda count in RP since you want to force as many remote runs as possible to maximize the tax from the ID.

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (10)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (6)
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••• •
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (10)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (5)
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
3x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
2x Inazuma (Honor and Profit)
1x Quandary (Double Time)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••• •

Sentry (6)
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
3x Tsurugi (True Colors)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daine wrote:
Using Replicating Perfection with no asset economy is a tragic waste. Your ability is to force the runner to waste clicks and money killing your sundews, melanges, Alix, GRNDL refineries, private contracts, mental health clinics, PAD campaigns, adonises, eves, or marked accounts. As you can see from that list, you have lots of good options to choose from, and many don't even need protection. You're playing with big ice, so you may need operation economy as well, but sundews are basically an automatic 3x in RP, IMO.

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. Sundew and Mental Health Clinics are huge in RP, especially if you run Encryption Protocols. I also really like Hokusai grid to add card-taxing on top of credit-taxing.

My agenda composition in RP is 2x Future Perfect, 3x NAPD, 3xFetal (and 2 Gila Hands that will probably end up getting replaced soon). Everything but the Gila Hands defends itself. In particular, NAPD is an MVP. It's often as good as Nisei Mk II except that it triggers BEFORE you score it instead of after (which is so much better), and even if the runner does steal it, you got to tax them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan dargenio
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First off, shout out to Philadelphia! I don't know who you are, but you should swing by Redcap's Corner on Wednesdays. We always have a good amount of players come out, and many of them are quite strong.

Here's what I've been playing since HP:

Honor and Perfection (49 cards)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
3 NAPD Contract
3 Nisei MK II
1 Philotic Entanglement
2 The Future Perfect

Asset (10)
3 Jackson Howard •••
1 PAD Campaign
3 Mental Health Clinic
3 Sundew

Upgrade (4)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
2 Caprice Nisei

Operation (7)
3 Celebrity Gift
3 Hedge Fund
1 Interns

Barrier (6)
3 Eli 1.0 •••
2 Himitsu-Bako
1 Wall of Thorns

Code Gate (3)
2 Quandary
1 Tollbooth ••

Sentry (10)
1 Ichi 2.0 •••
3 Komainu
3 Pup
3 Tsurugi

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

I think it's basically madness not to play Sundew in RP. It's the easiest way to snowball a win. Other drip economy is similarly powerful in any glacier deck, and the RP ability helps to defend it early. Caprice and/or Ash are crucial to Glacier deck's ability to combat a passive or otherwise rich runner, and I wouldn't leave home without them. The 4-inf Caprice in faction is probably the best reason to play RP Glacier over HB Glacier. I'm currently only playing 2 because they're easy to trash, but I included an Interns to retrieve them in the mid-late game if they get trashed from a central, (it's also fine to get a sundew once you have a safe server for it, or a Jackson Howard, or a Parasited ICE, or whatever).

I've also decided to skip Inazuma, as your ICE is already pretty parasite-vulnerable, and getting 2 ICE essentially killed for $2 is a pretty brutal hit for any taxing deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bobberson
msg tools

Thanks for the feedback on the asset income. I originally had Sundews instead of Restructure, but found icing an early remote was too hard for this deck, maybe because I have too much big Ice. If there's no remote, Restructure is more useful than being able to make the runner spend 2 clicks and 2 credits.

Going the way of 3 Sundews and 3 Mental Healths may be better as it allows for true asset spam. Especially if I run 3 Pups; that would make for a perfectly annoying spam server. Just having 3 Sundews was too conditional, and I didn't really want it in my tower remote mid/late game.

Susanoo certainly has been effective; however, 9 credits is steep. When I'm looking for big Ice, I'm a little happier to see Tollbooth than Susanoo, but they're roughly comparable, and they have many of the same weaknesses. I think of it as an Influence-free booth, and usually I have something big like Wall of Thorns, Komainu, or even Tollbooth on archives.

Lastly, I may play too slow, but I really rely on my Gila economy. I suppose I'd ditch it in an asset-heavy deck. I also have to admit, I win most of my games with 8-9 points. It's a tough choice between replacing them with either a 3/2 for a bit of never advance or a good ole' NAPD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.