11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Logistic and Supple Chain Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Any games suggestion which game play mechanic gives the feel of managing and optimizing a supple chain and logistic line beyond just pick up and deliver ?

There was this shipping game, Container, I heard its more towards supply and demand rather than moving things about ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion would be Indonesia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Meeker
United States
Camano Island
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might check out Neuland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bremerhaven Might be interesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Sattler
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roads & Boats
The Great Zimbabwe
Logistico
and +1 for Neuland

Plus you should be able to pick up a used copy of Neuland on the cheap. Play by the 1st edition rules for the superior game-play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kurczyna
United Kingdom
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit different one, and you'd have to wait a bit - 1944: Race to the Rhine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logistics Command was actually about conflict. Oddly enough, it was published by Westinghouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably check the Container page. Maybe see if the videos give a good overview, because the shipping aspect of it is secondary. It's more about producing things you think the other players will pay for (by bidding on your full ship) when it delivers, then using that money to bid on the ships you want. It's pretty strategic.

If the logistical (move and fulfill demand) is the more interesting aspect, you might look at something like Kings of Air and Steam. It's got planned movement a la Roborally, variable market, and multi-stage shipping (airships -> train -> city) to deliver goods.

Also, many train games like Steam/Age of Steam (I prefer the former). In this case, you have to build the rail routes to accomplish the shipping.

There are others, but not that I've played. Not sure if I can think of any where the player controls both the production, and the shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Operational Combat Series

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mmmm the Supple Chain... devilgulpblushwhistleshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well the game dont have to be thematically abt shipping or bringing goods, whats important is that it have elements of planning several areas of production/value adding process to which can be optimize to achieve a better final result and also penalty for those who don't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.