Pirates of the Spanish Main» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghost ship/ghost fort rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Janet Dahlberg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I have the fort "The Devil's Maw." The text reads: "Place your eliminated crew on this fort. They gain the Ghost Ship keyword."

Um, why would crew use a ghost ship keyword? What's the point? Does it mean that I can put a dead French canoneer on my pirate ghost ship? I could only see this as an advantage if ghost crew don't take up cargo space...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew aulenback
Canada
flag msg tools
Well, checking out the rules:
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/documents/ppdj_checklist...
we notice that "Ghost Ship. If a ship has this keyword, or a crew aboard a ship has this keyword, decide if the ship is ghostly at the beginning of each of your turns."

So, if a crew aboard has the Ghost Ship keyword, in essence, they give that keyword to the ship whilst they are aboard. If your crew die, they appear on your fort, able to be picked up by your ships when visiting that port, and then they give the "Ghost Ship" keyword to your carrying ships. Likely an unpleasant combination with a Sacrificial Captain and a horde of middling gunships [sacrifice a crew for a second action, then go after and pick up said crew with the same or a different vessel...].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.