Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
by the melvins
badge
burya or die
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I noticed several threads about missing sticker cards, but has anyone had stickers that were difficult (or impossible) to peel off and use properly? I just opened the game last night, and all of the starting power stickers were like this. When we started peeling them off, they came apart in two paper pieces - one was the label with the text on it, but with no glue, and the other was some white paper with glue on it, still stuck to the power card. We "solved" this by using actual glue to add the powers to the faction boards - it was clumsy and took a huge chunk of the pleasure away, but it was still workable. However, once we started playing, we found out that all but one of the scar cards had the same problem. This really made the game un-playable to an extent, since we didn't want to use glue on the board.

Anyone else with similar experience? I have already emailed WoTC and Hasbro, waiting for a reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of our stickers had that same issue. The problem is due to bad calibration on the cutting die. There is nothing Hasbro can do about it since they sold the entire print run (no replacements). I would suggest using scissors or an exacto knife to finish cutting out the stickers as you need them. It's not ideal, but it's better than spending time messing with those stickers and possibly ripping them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, we taped our way through the game. Though a bit annoyed initially, we found that it even contributed to the whole "customize your game"-experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
We found that there's quite a trick to getting the stickers off. Our first few were also taped on. But we didn't mind. The world was stickered, taped,written on, and whatever else. The fun of the game i guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
korikori wrote:
This really made the game un-playable to an extent, since we didn't want to use glue on the board.

You're willing to sticker and write on the board, but not use glue on it? Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
korikori wrote:
This really made the game un-playable to an extent, since we didn't want to use glue on the board.

You're willing to sticker and write on the board, but not use glue on it? Am I missing something?

Perhaps they fear the board sticking to itself once folded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kingsbury
Canada
sherbrooke
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two game and they do that.
Because the stickers are glued on the cards. You can still peal off the sticker from the teared off paper with an exato knife.
There is more treads on the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pau Pitarch Fernández
Japan
Setagaya
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Did anybody have any luck getting replacements from Hasbro?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karma chlmd
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
by the melvins
badge
burya or die
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not able to get replacements from Hasbro or WoTC - however, as others reported, the stickers were actually OK; however, they had to be peeled off a second time after taking them of the cards. They are actually "shallower" than they appear. Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
korikori wrote:
I was not able to get replacements from Hasbro or WoTC - however, as others reported, the stickers were actually OK; however, they had to be peeled off a second time after taking them of the cards. They are actually "shallower" than they appear. Hope this helps.
this is my experience. The sticker is on a regular backing, and it is the backing that is glued to the card. so there's 3 layers not 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! The sticker and the backing is peeling off together. (I mistakenly assumed that I was only getting the "top layer" of the sticker itself minus the adhesive layer.)

For some reason, the sticker adhesive is "stronger" than the structure of the wax-paper-like backing stuck to the card... the backing tears off because the stickiness of the sticker is very... well, sticky.

A little patience and some tweezers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Retallack
msg tools
This happened to me for all of the Starting Powers stickers. Darn fiddly things. I eventually got the hang of skimming off the actual sticker part, which is very thin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.