Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Pocket Odyssey» Forums » General

Subject: Too bad the campaign doesn't offer a pnp option. EDIT: PNP POLL! VOTE NOW! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to get involved here.
Really got intrigued by all aspects of the game.

Sadly, I can't afford paying $50 for this small box. Really, I can't.

I'd gladly pay $10-15 for a digital pnp reward and craft it by myself.

Most games on Kickstarter include that nowadays.
The boardgame community is a bunch of pretty loyal people.
It's unlikely that you'll find a company illegally producing copies of your pnp version.
And in the end, all you want is to spread the word and make your game known all around the globe, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Too bad the campaign doesn't offer a pnp option.. :-(
Anthony hasn't ruled out a PnP yet, so this might still be an option. If more people are interested in a pnp, this would be an excellent place to post your interest

Anthony on his facebook page:
Quote:
There may be a print n play version, but nothing solid on that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Too bad the campaign doesn't offer a pnp option.. :-(
Great news, Vincent! Didn't know that!

So let's collect some votes for a final artwork PnP!

Poll
...and if yes, how much money would you be willing to pay for it?
Would you like to have a deluxe PnP edition of Pocket Odyssey?
If yes, how much money would you pay for it?
No, thanks!
Yes, I'd be in for $5!
Sure, count me in for $8!
Yeah! I'd even pay $10 for it!
Excellent artwork! Make it $15!
      89 answers
Poll created by magneheeli

I'd really love to see something similar to the wonderful deluxe PnP of Tiny Epic Kingdoms here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing for me. 45$ for a "little" game (game+shipping) is too much for me and I would really like to see a PNP version (including a printable box I can mount myself to fit everything in my pocket! ). 15$ seems OK to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing Evolution getting enough buzz already, I would happily push it down to position 2 on this month's PNP List (What Print 'n Play Games are you crafting or planning on crafting this month? May 2014) in favour of Pocket Odyssey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit I'd really love to see a statement by Anthony here...refreshing all day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:
I must admit I'd really love to see a statement by Anthony here...refreshing all day...

You can check my quote on the facebook page of Pocket Odyssey. I would think the final decision might take a bit longer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you mind quoting yourself here? I don't use Facebook

Meanwhile, Anthony sent me a message via Kickstarter, saying that he hasn't decided on this matter yet..

So please, folks, VOTE!!! Make it happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:
Would you mind quoting yourself here? I don't use Facebook :D

The text I quoted in the second message was straight from facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, that one. Thanks!

We sent some quick emails forth and back. He wants to keep his options open for a while.

Providing PnPs along with physical games is still something new to the world of boardgame industry. Some publishers are still scared

FINGERS CROSSED, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schaff
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would love to see a PnP for this. I have just about all my RPG junk in PDF format nowadays with my tablet and all. But the idea of having a few cards out on the table with tablet in hand just sounds like the game would run really smoothly.

That and forking out $50 (with shipping to Japan) for a micro/pocket sized game is just a bit much to swallow.

I'd gladly pay 10-15 for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPockitz wrote:
I too would love to see a PnP for this. I have just about all my RPG junk in PDF format nowadays with my tablet and all. But the idea of having a few cards out on the table with tablet in hand just sounds like the game would run really smoothly.

That and forking out $50 (with shipping to Japan) for a micro/pocket sized game is just a bit much to swallow.

agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Okulov
Australia
Wurtulla
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Add me to the list of people who would happily pay for the PnP version of this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Westphal
msg tools
mbmb
I would totally be in for a PNP copy, as it would get me playing the game faster! The game looks very cool and the price is not bad, but the wait time on Kickstarters for me is a real killer, as I have already had a taste of waiting for nearly a year for a kickstarter after pledging.

Pocket Odessey would be a great game to PnP and bring to GenCon to play in the hotel room with the wife and friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasco van de Haar Pinto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for a deluxe pnp!
If I pledge for this game I want the stretchgoals and extra's as well so that would set me back 75 dollars with the risk of tax and customs fees on top of that. Love the concept and artwork, but that's too much, I'm afraid. Happy to pay for a Pnp deluxe version(base + expansion + stretch goals)!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lack of a PnP killed completely my interest in backing. The price is simply to high.

A PnP would bring me on boat immediately. Me and , I think, the community of TEK as well. I see already some old mates on this thread

So make it happen Antony. We are some fun people to tag along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexandre lemos
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
MrPockitz wrote:

agreed.

me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Westphal
msg tools
mbmb
I think the $10-$15 range would be great for a PnP pledge level.

I would rather PnP the whole thing, as if I pledge for the whole thing I will already be replacing the wooden pawns in my copy with homemade tokens with graphics of the monsters (or close comparisons) on them.

Surprised it's not actually that way with the real game. Flat round/square tokens with graphics and colored borders would (at least for me) be a more visually appealing factor than the meeples, and likely take even less space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aegisgrimm wrote:

I would rather PnP the whole thing, as if I pledge for the whole thing I will already be replacing the wooden pawns in my copy with homemade tokens with graphics of the monsters (or close comparisons) on them.

Surprised it's not actually that way with the real game. Flat round/square tokens with graphics and colored borders would (at least for me) be a more visually appealing factor than the meeples, and likely take even less space.

I agree that they would be less abstract and more "to the point". That said I personally find that meeples going dungeon look irresistibles.

Did you see the new Meeples option at Meeplesource? Kickstarter just finished http://goo.gl/ifn4oE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, any reactions from Antony? Still no PnP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:
So, any reactions from Antony? Still no PnP?

No response yet, but the kickstarter still has 16 days to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for his response, either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it about time yet to give up hope?! robotrobotrobot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be sorry, really, but The price Antony asks is unacceptable if you live in Europe.

In my view having more happy customer is good for business. maybe we will not be able to purchase a full copy, but we will tell it to friends that might.

So I do not know. His call of course. would be sad but I could understand if he did not want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:
The price is unacceptable if you live in Europe.

I have backed, so unacceptable is relative

I do agree that a PnP version would be good for business. A big customer base would help him sell expansions and I think this is a great game for expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.