31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Heart of Crown» Forums » News

Subject: New Expansion Announced! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
F C
msg tools
The official Heart of Crown Twitter account just announced (https://twitter.com/HeartofCrown/status/463979836671668224) that a new expansion set is coming out! (no release date yet)

The post (http://hatokura.flipflops.jp/wordpress/archives/875) says:

Quote:
Heart of Crown New Expansion "6 City Alliance!"
[picture]
Following "Heart of Crown ~Fairy Garden~", a new expansion set-
In "Heart of Crown ~6 City Alliance~", new princess card(s), new common card will be added, and a completely new card type...
Please look forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire B
msg tools
That is all kinds of funky. A poorly dressed, long haired loli wielding both a sabre and a katana. Two long feathers that imitates bunny ears and two crowns on the sides of her head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canon Chase
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
Wonder if this was the set originally due to come out last Comiket. Hopefully we'll see this one this summer or sooner. Exciting stuff!

And of course I look forward to working with people and translating this one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I wonder if it will come out during C86... I am planning to go if my schedule works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
They are also including errata cards for merchant ship (cost increased from 4 to 5), and Guild Master (Guild counters now limited to 5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canon Chase
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
The latest news:

http://hatokura.flipflops.jp/wordpress/archives/906
Heart of Crown "Six City Alliance" will be on sale June 1st at Game Market 2014, a convention at the Tokyo Big Sight! Plans are made to sell it on Amazon etc as usual, but no concrete dates have been set for this.

http://hatokura.flipflops.jp/wordpress/archives/884
In "Six City Alliance", a new rule, "Nomination Guardian" will be introduced for games with 8 Princesses available. With this rule, when you nominate a princess, you take an additional princess as her "guardian" and hide her under your actual princess. "Guardian" princesses can't use their abilities and can't gain counters, so it's pretty much just removing a princess from the pool.

It's interesting for game balance as this encourages fast rushing for princesses now that you can effectively 'ban' a princess. It'd do a number on my friend who typically late-games Rurunasaika plus the crown... I wonder how it'll turn out. I'm excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Negative Zero
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
It sounds like they're going to be previewing it Gamemarket on June 1st, which presumably is a board games convention over there. Sounds like they might have copies of the base game and expansions to sell too - hopefully that means some spill over into Amazon etc. as I'd really like to get the rest of the game's sets, but they're all out of stock now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F C
msg tools
Two card previews have been posted:

http://hatokura.flipflops.jp/wordpress/archives/923
Quote:
Quote:
Tactician Shaolin - Support
You do not need to connect link symbols and can play any number of cards.

Introducing one of the cards from Six City Alliance's new card category, "Support Card".
In total there are 8 kinds of support cards, and when nominating a princess you can choose to choose one and put it under your princess. Support cards under a princess give the player their strong abilities permanently.
Support cards can be set under a princess by adding their cost to the nomination cost. You cannot pay the cost after nomination. Also, you cannot have 2 or more support cards set at the same time.
"Tactician Shaolin" is a strong card which allows you to disregard link symbols when playing cards.
If there are cards without link symbols (Crossbow Regiment, Merchant Ships, etc), [Tactician Shaolin] paired with Bergamot, Flamaria, or Anastasia yields particularly good results.

http://hatokura.flipflops.jp/wordpress/archives/931
Quote:
Quote:
Independent City - Territory
When setting up the game, do not add "Independent City" to the Supply. Instead, directly add 5 cards to the Random Market.
______
2 Coins.
[If you play "Independent City"], you cannot acquire "Independent City".
If you choose to nominate a princess, gain 2 Coins.

"Independent City" is a card which can give you a large bonus when nominating a princess, a card symbolic of "Six City Alliance".
When you add this card into the game, because using support cards when nominating becomes extremely easy, the game flow changes greatly. As simple swift attacks appear easily, new strategies will be required.
Also, this card is different from common cards in that you do not shuffle it into the Supply pile, instead putting all of them in a stack in the Random Market beforehand, so when playing [with it] please be careful.

(Apologies for any translation errors, please take the above as a rough translation.)

How I see it is, there are currently some princesses specialized for quick rush strategies and other princesses specialized in longer more drawn-out games. The latter seemed to be stronger/used more often, so they decided to create a set which promotes faster strategies. At least, these two preview cards and the new "Nomination Guardian" rule seems to suggest as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F C
msg tools
Four new card previews:

http://hatokura.flipflops.jp/wordpress/archives/938
Quote:
Quote:
Charm Master - Action・Attack (Magic)
When you purchase "Charm Master", all your opponents gain acquire 1 "Misfortune".
____
1 Coin
All opponents who do not have a "Misfortune" reveals on the top of their deck [take 1 "Misfortune" from the "Misfortune Pile" and place it revealed on top of their deck.]
[If the player to your right in his/her previous turn yielded 5 or more coins], the player to your right places 2 "Misfortune" cards on the top of their deck instead of 1, and you gain 1 coin.
"Charm Master" is a card added to "Six City Alliance" which disseminates the new Calamity card "Misfortune" to opponents. Also, if the player to your right yielded 5 or more coins, the additional effect you can gain is one of its big features.
Quote:
Misfortune - Calamity
When you banish "Misfortune", instead of removing it from the game return it to the "Misfortune Pile".
____
[Ability in hand]
During your Main Phase, you may banish "Misfortune".
"Misfortune" is the same as "Curse" as a hindrance card, but the difference is you can banish "Misfortune" and return it to the "Misfortune Pile" during your Main Phase.

http://hatokura.flipflops.jp/wordpress/archives/946
Quote:
Quote:
Beautiful Princess of the Oasis, M'Ciel - Princess
When you support "Beautiful Princess of the Oasis M'Ciel", you acquire "Oasis City Nefertiri", and freely place 3 "Contraband Tokens" on stacks in the Market. During your Main Phase, you may freely move the "Contraband Tokens" in the Market.
(Each Contraband Token increases the cost to purchase the card it's on by 1.)
Let's introduce "Six City Alliance"'s new princess card, "Beautiful Princess of the Oasis, M'Ciel".
When you support M'Ciel, the player immediately gains the two effects of "Acquisition of Oasis City Nefertiri" and "Freely placing 3 'Contraband Tokens' onto stacks in the Market"
The purchasing cost of cards in stacks with "Contraband Tokens" on them increases by 1. To accumulate this effect, put multiple "Contraband Tokens" on a single stack, and you can increase the purchasing cost by the same amount.
Players who support M'Ciel are also affected by the effects of "Contraband Tokens", but they can freely rearrange the "Contraband Tokens" during their Main Phase. Like Klam-Klam, M'Ciel is a high-priority Princess, but M'Ciel conversely uses "Contraband Tokens" to interfere with opponents' purchases, giving her the ability to control the game. Cleverly predict cards opponents want and the number of coins they will yield, and cleverly rearrange the 3 "Contraband Tokens".
Quote:
Oasis City, Nefertiri - Land
"Oasis City, Nefertiri" cannot be banished.
Oasis City Nefertiri is nothing more than an unbanishable Rare Card City, but it compensates for the purchasing power lost during supporting.
(By the way, the title of this expansion "Six City Alliance" comes from the alliance between the 5 "Independent Cities" and the "Oasis City, Nefertiri".)

So yeah, this new princess seems pretty good. Up to +3 cost on anything and a free City? And you can move the tokens around? Really? Also the new Misfortunes seem extremely annoying because they don't run out like Curses do. But I suppose that after all the changes games will be much quicker so that won't be a problem anymore...

By the way, the official Twitter has stated that Nefertiri is not shuffled into the Supply like the Karikuma or Erurun, but just stays in a special pile outside the Market (https://twitter.com/HeartofCrown/status/472317086367096833). Additionally, Contraband Tokens on piles that run out are returned to M'Ciel so she can use them in following turns (https://twitter.com/HeartofCrown/status/472329059838353409).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chen lel
msg tools
You guys seem to be having hard time getting the sets.
http://yokattaweb.jp/ordering.html
I use these guys to help me pick stuff up in japan. They helped me get my copy of fairy garden off amazon.jp, and as it turns out melonbooks is selling the new expansion as well.
http://shop.melonbooks.co.jp/shop/sp_215001004999_flip_flop_...

So I put an order in for that as well through them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Negative Zero
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Expansion is now available on Amazon as well, plus Far East Territory expansion was restocked. Base game and Northern Enchantress are still not available.

I grabbed this and Far East Territory just now (using Tenso as shipping forwarder). Will make paste-ups once they arrive and once the new expansion is translated, assuming no one else gets to them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F C
msg tools
NegativeZero wrote:
I grabbed this and Far East Territory just now (using Tenso as shipping forwarder). Will make paste-ups once they arrive and once the new expansion is translated, assuming no one else gets to them first.

Actually, we already have a rough translation of all the card text (original card text courtesy of the Japanese wiki), and are just waiting on our set to arrive to do some final proofreading, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Negative Zero
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
fallingcirno wrote:
NegativeZero wrote:

Actually, we already have a rough translation of all the card text (original card text courtesy of the Japanese wiki), and are just waiting on our set to arrive to do some final proofreading, etc.

Excellent. Do you mind if I use those translations for paste-ups once you've finalized them? I should have my copy in a few days but will probably start with the Far East Territory cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chen lel
msg tools
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this but does anybody have the list of the suggested market cards for fairy garden/six cities alliance, and if at all possibly new rulings for the new set?

Also I'd also like to mention that the far eastern territory is once again out of stock on amazon, to bad too because I was going to order the set this week too.

And for anyone interested in the new set they seem they will be running out soonish on both melonbooks and amazon.jp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Negative Zero
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Cheeen wrote:
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this but does anybody have the list of the suggested market cards for fairy garden/six cities alliance, and if at all possibly new rulings for the new set?

Can't help on new rules. I think that fallingcirno's summaries above covers most things, but I'm also a bit iffy on how you use the support cards (do you mix a random selection into the market?)

Oasis City Nefertiri doesn't go into the market and it can't be purchased, as I understand it the only way to acquire it is to nominate M'Ciel.

The other minor question I'm wondering about is the new 'protection' rules where you can effectively 'ban' a princess by buying her and placing them underneath your own nominated princess. Need some clarifications on how many princess cards you can actually play with (they mention that the rule applies for 8-princess games, but with all expansions there are nine of them now - is it always maximum of 8?) and also if one player can 'protect' more than one princess at once, and if so what happens if there aren't enough left for every player to nominate - are those players eliminated immediately?

In terms of the recommended markets, personally I've never had much of a use for those, just shuffle the placeholders and take random cards up to the required amount and randomize everything, sometimes vetoing a couple if there's a really bad combo.

---

Here's a quick (not very quick, I'm still pretty slow ) translation of the market sets from the back of the six cities booklet. The market sets they have on the back of the booklet all use a combo of cards from Alliance and from Fairy Garden which is interesting.

- Journey's Beginnings:
From 6 Cities Alliance:
Fishing Village (漁村), Development Directive (開発命令), Academy City (学術都市), Independent City (独立都市), Pawn Shop (転売屋).
From Fairy Garden:
Spring Breeze Fairy (春風の妖精), Pilgrimage (巡礼), Traveling Performer (旅芸人), Peddler (行商人), Merchant Fleet (商船団)

- The Six Cities Alliance:
From 6 Cities Alliance:
Fishing Village (漁村), Magic Lamp (魔法のランプ), Development Directive (開発命令), Independent City (独立都市), Pawn Shop (転売屋), Artillery Unit (砲兵部隊)
Fairy Garden:
Spring Breeze Fairy (春風の妖精), Pilgrimage (巡礼), Traveling Performer (旅芸人), Peddler (行商人)

- Intercontinental Trading (translation unsure, 大陸間交昜):
Alliance:
Fishing Village (漁村), All-Girls School (女学院), Magic Lamp (魔法のランプ), Pawn Shop (転売屋), Mercenary Group (傭兵団)
Fairy Garden:
Spy (密偵), Traveling Performer (旅芸人), Crossbow Regiment (石弓隊), Peddler (行商人), Harvest Festival (収穫祭)

- Church and War
Alliance:
Academy City (学術都市), Crusaders (十字軍), Mercenary Group (傭兵団), Independent City (独立都市), Artillery Unit (砲兵部隊)
Fairy Garden:
Spy (密偵), Messenger (伝令), Librarian (司書), Guildmaster (ギルドマスター), Merchant Fleet (商船団)

- The Inquisition
Alliance:
Mischievous Fairies (いたずら妖精), Charm Master (まじない師), Magic Lamp (魔法のランプ), Crusaders (十字軍), Indulgence (免罪符), Ninja Master (ニンジャマスター)
Fairy Garden:
Household Spirit (家守の精霊), Leaf Fairy (リーフフェアリー), Guildmaster (ギルドマスター), Blessing (祝福)

- Over the Water
Alliance:
Fishing Village (漁村), All-Girls School (女学院), Secret Stash (へそくり), Development Directive (開発命令), Indulgence (免罪符), Ninja Master (ニンジャマスター)
Fairy Garden:
Pilgrimage (巡礼), Nymph (ニンフ), Merchant Fleet (商船団), Butler (執事)

- Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely (translation unsure, 絶対の権力は徹底的に腐敗する)
Alliance:
Secret Stash (へそくり), Charm Master (まじない師), Development Directive (開発命令), Independent City (独立都市), Pawn Shop (転売屋), Indulgence (免罪符), Archduke (大公爵)
Fairy Garden:
Pilgrimage (巡礼), Messenger (伝令), Harvest Festival (収穫祭)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F C
msg tools
NegativeZero wrote:
Can't help on new rules. I think that fallingcirno's summaries above covers most things, but I'm also a bit iffy on how you use the support cards (do you mix a random selection into the market?)
Supports start in their own pile, and when you nominate a princess, if you have 8 or more gold (6 for princess + 2 for support) you can pick a support in addition to your princess. Note that you can only obtain supports in this fashion at the time of nominating a princess. The support stays behind your princess and gives you her ability for the rest of the game (except Aurora whose ability is one time use).

NegativeZero wrote:
Oasis City Nefertiri doesn't go into the market and it can't be purchased, as I understand it the only way to acquire it is to nominate M'Ciel.
This is correct.

NegativeZero wrote:
The other minor question I'm wondering about is the new 'protection' rules where you can effectively 'ban' a princess by buying her and placing them underneath your own nominated princess. Need some clarifications on how many princess cards you can actually play with (they mention that the rule applies for 8-princess games, but with all expansions there are nine of them now - is it always maximum of 8?) and also if one player can 'protect' more than one princess at once, and if so what happens if there aren't enough left for every player to nominate - are those players eliminated immediately?
I'd need to read the rulebook again for the exact reading, but how I see it is, if you choose to play with 8 or more princess starting, then you play with this ban rule. This rule is basically, when a player nominates a princess they also ban another (1 other) princess. It's only 8 or more so you can play with up to 4 players, so you should never "run out" of princesses or anything like that because each player will remove 2 from the pool at nomination.

NegativeZero wrote:
In terms of the recommended markets, personally I've never had much of a use for those, just shuffle the placeholders and take random cards up to the required amount and randomize everything, sometimes vetoing a couple if there's a really bad combo.
This is basically what we do as well. Unfortunately the sets prior to Fairy Garden don't come with randomizers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Negative Zero
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
fallingcirno wrote:
NegativeZero wrote:
Supports start in their own pile, and when you nominate a princess, if you have 8 or more gold (6 for princess + 2 for support) you can pick a support in addition to your princess. Note that you can only obtain supports in this fashion at the time of nominating a princess. The support stays behind your princess and gives you her ability for the rest of the game (except Aurora whose ability is one time use).

So all eight support cards are available to choose from? Or is it a randomized set?

fallingcirno wrote:
NegativeZero wrote:
I'd need to read the rulebook again for the exact reading, but how I see it is, if you choose to play with 8 or more princess starting, then you play with this ban rule. This rule is basically, when a player nominates a princess they also ban another (1 other) princess. It's only 8 or more so you can play with up to 4 players, so you should never "run out" of princesses or anything like that because each player will remove 2 from the pool at nomination.

Ah, I had thought it involved buying them later on. If it's at nomination time then it makes more sense. Being first to nominate will be extremely powerful when playing with that rule then.

fallingcirno wrote:
NegativeZero wrote:
This is basically what we do as well. Unfortunately the sets prior to Fairy Garden don't come with randomizers...

I noticed that with the Far East set. Probably wouldn't be too hard to build a program that could do it or create some placeholder cards for those earlier sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Negative Zero
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
I've updated the Fairy Garden pasteups with the changes to the Guildmaster's text (maximum of 5 tokens converted at once). Merchant Ships / Merchant Fleet doesn't need a text update as it's a cost change instead.

Will try and find time to work on pasteups for Six City Alliance and Far East Territory later this week.

The expansion now has a BGG entry too:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/161316/heart-cro...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chen lel
msg tools
Thanks for the help this could make the last few games I had with my buds more interesting. The first time we played consisted of us crapping each others decks with villages from surveyor.Also as always thanks for the work on the paste ups, my six cities just shipped a couple of days ago and should arrive (hopefully) tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F C
msg tools
NegativeZero wrote:
So all eight support cards are available to choose from? Or is it a randomized set?
To my understanding, all eight are available at the start.

NegativeZero wrote:
Ah, I had thought it involved buying them later on. If it's at nomination time then it makes more sense. Being first to nominate will be extremely powerful when playing with that rule then.
Yeah, how I think of it is, the part of Heart of Crown that makes it different/interesting is the whole princessing thing, so they want to promote princessing faster, and they did so by adding this rule and Independent City, among others.

NegativeZero wrote:
I noticed that with the Far East set. Probably wouldn't be too hard to build a program that could do it or create some placeholder cards for those earlier sets.
Yeah it really wouldn't be too hard, I just wonder why flipflops hasn't just done it already, since they already give you new copies of errata'd cards. By the way, Canon's site also has a randomizer (http://hatokura.megane-moe.com/Randomizer.html) which is up to date with Six City Alliance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Negative Zero
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
fallingcirno wrote:
NegativeZero wrote:
To my understanding, all eight are available at the start.

I guess if the next expansion after this one adds any more they might re-think this. 8 isn't too unmanageable though.

fallingcirno wrote:
NegativeZero wrote:
Yeah, how I think of it is, the part of Heart of Crown that makes it different/interesting is the whole princessing thing, so they want to promote princessing faster, and they did so by adding this rule and Independent City, among others.

Yeah, it seems like the biggest thing they're trying to eliminate is the strategy where a player suddenly nominates, grabs the crown and sets everything down in the space of a couple of turns and suddenly the game is over.

NegativeZero wrote:
Yeah it really wouldn't be too hard, I just wonder why flipflops hasn't just done it already, since they already give you new copies of errata'd cards. By the way, Canon's site also has a randomizer (http://hatokura.megane-moe.com/Randomizer.html) which is up to date with Six City Alliance. [/q]

They have a randomizer for the base game and the first two expansions on the official site as well, perhaps they felt that was good enough for those. Canon's randomizer does the trick though, as long as you've got a browser handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chen lel
msg tools
So let me get this straight with the bannings..

Princess banning is when a group plays with 8 or more princesses and at nomination is effectively (allowed or has too?) gain a second princess in his or her realm with none of the added abilities of gained princess other than the one nominated for no added cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Negative Zero
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Cheeen wrote:
So let me get this straight with the bannings..

Princess banning is when a group plays with 8 or more princesses and at nomination is effectively (allowed or has too?) gain a second princess in his or her realm with none of the added abilities of gained princess other than the one nominated for no added cost.

Basically. IMO if you're playing with the rule, then likely you *must* eliminate an extra princess, shouldn't be optional (and really there's no reason not to). The rule itself should probably be considered optional.

Though the thematic explanation is that you're taking that second princess 'under your protection' which is a flowery way of saying they're effectively a political hostage. The whole conceit of the game is that the players are basically high-ranking political leaders who are attempting to raise their chosen princess and in so doing their own house (so think along the lines of the conflict of succession between the houses of York and Lancaster in the War of the Roses). By taking another princess 'under your protection' you effectively prevent another house from aligning behind her and advancing her as a rival. It's a really nice, simple way to tie the gameplay into the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chen lel
msg tools
huh, either way great explanation. Just wanted to make sure just in case the question ever comes up in the future at the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chen lel
msg tools
Any Progress on the paste ups for the sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.