Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Help please, i dont quite understand the blitzkrieg bit.
Referring to units partaking in such action 35.6 of the rules states:
"....These units may not advance into the ZOC of a unit defending in the blitzkrieg attack....." etc.
Yet with regard also to blitzkrieg, 35.1 states:
"German mechanised units may attempt to slide past a defensive strong point...."etc.
Therefore, when 35.6 above says such a unit "...may not advance into" it really means it can pass through the ZOC of that enemy unit defending against blitzkrieg, but not end its movement there.
Yes or no? And what have i got wrong (again)? modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

From memory, I don't think you can move through a unit, but a blitzkrieg attack may enable to get around its flanks, thus bypassing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Dice God, (so its you to blame is it?
I was beginning to believe no one was going to reply .
Yes, i realise i cant actually pass through a unit but interpret the blitzkrieg rule as moving through the attacked enemy units zone of control to come to rest in a hex beyond that same attacked units z.o.c. I dont know if this is right or not or even if it should be only possible to move through one such hex alone in the attacked units z.o.c or more than one as long movement allows? As you can see, i'm somewhat confused. I'm only practicing at present on one quarter of the board but will need to know so as to try out the full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked a similar question here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/501278/breakthrough-combat

It doesn't answer your question directly, but gives a couple tips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Matthew. I suspect i may have read it before because June Wah's tactical comments really stood out. But yes you are right, my issues arent quite answered. Sometimes i think its me thats the problem rather than the rules, as everyone else just gets on with it whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just re-read the rule section. You quoted it correctly. The advancing units cannot enter the zone of control of the defending unit, but it can enter the zone of control of another enemy unit not part of the attack. I think the phrase "slide past" might be misleading as it gives the impression you are moving past the unit via adjacent hexes. I have used this rule so little, I am not familiar with all its nuances and advantages.

Speculating here, but I can see an advantage where you can use the blitz advance to move closer to another enemy unit and block its retreat path in another battle or seize a town or reach a road. It ain't going to get you far, just maybe seize an important hex you couldn't reach in your movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.