Popular Tags: [View All]
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm working through the rooms nicely, even managed to keep five marines alive when ... whammo-blammo, add 1 card to EACH blip pile for every marine.

Ouch x 10 !!!!!!!

That's a cast iron [...] of a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the blip piles are the two facedown Genestealer decks on the left hand and right hand side of the location deck.

I remember a card that added to those piles, but I do not remember a card that reinforced every Genestealer swarm in play. Did you play this correctly? Or am I incorrect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the blip piles are the two piles of facedown cards from which you draw enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Austin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you recall the name of this card? I don't think I have ever run into it. I looked through my event deck and the only cards that do something like that are:

The Swarm: Place 2 Genestealer cards into each blip pile (from the Genestealer deck)

They're Everywhere: Spawn 1 Genestealer in front of each Space Marine that is not engaged with a swarm.

But neither of these would give you 10 more GS to deal with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagaren wrote:
Do you recall the name of this card?

Hibernation Cluster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
FNH1 wrote:
Dagaren wrote:

Hibernation Cluster

So the Room begins with 5 Genestelers in each Blip pile. The door card should help clear out any stragglers once completed, and taking out the Spore Chimney will slow the influx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
zombiegod wrote:
FNH1 wrote:
Dagaren wrote:

Hibernation Cluster

So the Room begins with 5 Genestelers in each Blip pile. The door card should help clear out any stragglers once completed, and taking out the Spore Chimney will slow the influx.

Yes indeed. It's called Hibernation Cluster for a reason, the Xeno are all asleep. This room is a Cakewalk laugh

Methinks some errors of gargantuan proportions were made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Austin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FNH1 wrote:
Dagaren wrote:

Hibernation Cluster

Ah, it was a location card, not an event. However, I don't get why this is any worse than other locations. Most start with 6 or 7 genestealers per blip pile. 5 per pile is actually pretty light as far as locations go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagaren wrote:
FNH1 wrote:
Dagaren wrote:

Hibernation Cluster

Ah, it was a location card, not an event. However, I don't get why this is any worse than other locations. Most start with 6 or 7 genestealers per blip pile. 5 per pile is actually pretty light as far as locations go.

It's because it punishes your success in keeping marines alive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
FNH1 wrote:
Dagaren wrote:
FNH1 wrote:
Dagaren wrote:

Hibernation Cluster

How so?

You'll never know whether it's going to come into play, so it's pointless losing Marines intentionally the room before. It's one of the easiest rooms in the game to clear, so there's a massive chance you'll breeze through this section.

You discard both piles when you travel, so you're never going to be outnumbered by blips...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AntandBeeandtheABC wrote:
FNH1 wrote:
Dagaren wrote:
FNH1 wrote:
Dagaren wrote:

Hibernation Cluster

How so?

You'll never know whether it's going to come into play, so it's pointless losing Marines intentionally the room before. It's one of the easiest rooms in the game to clear, so there's a massive chance you'll breeze through this section.

You discard both piles when you travel, so you're never going to be outnumbered by blips...

If there was only 1 marine, that means only 1 bug on each side, quickly dealt with...if you have five marines, that's five per side, much harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.